Dog wrote:

... FREERUNNING!!!...

I've made a set for that, it's the murder one mini/eek

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

Re: The Animation Challenge

Dog wrote:

BTW, I have an idea for the next challenge:
FREERUNNING!!!

I very much like this idea, if we're going for the 3 month challenge route.  I think it has the potential to be really cool.

Freerunning, that would be awesome. When will this challenge be?

Isn't that basically the same as VN's Ani-Exercise, sans prizes? (Not that that's a bad thing.)

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Freerunning? mini/tongue

This could be good.

Alright, so here's what we're kind of thinking and tell me what you think:

There is the main challenge, with a theme of Freerunning, which would have a duration of 3 months.  Noodle's point is valid, as I expect a lot of people's entries will be chases.  The difference I see is that VN was going for people using the theme creatively, while this is much more specific.

Also, while the main challenge is ongoing, every two weeks there would be a mini challenge that relates to the main challenge (running jump, climbing, etc).  These mini challenges would hopefully get people involved that don't want to do a full film, and it also serves as inspiration for the main challenge.

So that's the proposal.  I'd really like a bunch of opinions on this, so please let me know what you like, what you don't like, and any ideas you may have.

Sounds good Fancypants, i think 3 months is ample time for a freerunning film.

I like the freerunning idea
also the mini contests as well

Great thinking I like the idea Fancypants.

Alright, it seems people are happy with the theme and the format.  However, we have decided that this challenge will be postponed until summer.  We felt that if we did it now, it would conflict too much with Avant-Garde, something I think everyone should strongly consider participating in.

Yeah, wait for A-G to pass, then have this challenge.

I'm sorry to sound stupid, but what do all of you mean by "freerunning"? I've never heard of that before.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Freerunning is just going through urban areas and doing cool tricks.
Like here

Ok, mini/sweat  good think I know now.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

I like the idea. Very unique. will enter it myself. (BTW what time in summer? I might be gone to India. I can animate over there to not a problem.  mini/bigsmile )

Hey everyone, me and Fancypants thought that you guys might want to have something to do until the next Animation Challenge, so we have come up with a minichallenge.

Theme

Moonwalk

I think it's time that someone made a minifigure do a really, really good moonwalk. Just make a minifig moonwalk, don't bother with a story or any other dance moves.

Time Frame

The minichallenge shall end March 21st, 2010

Prize

Gloating rights.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Ooooh, I'll definitely enter that one. mini/bigsmile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I've already made one, but that was in my Michael Jackson tribute video and a surprising amount of people said it was horrid. I guess I should try and make those people like me again by making a better one. mini/tongue

I shall enter mini/smile