Re: Grab-A-Script 2.5 (Final)

It's nice to see a more constructive tone taking place. I'll try to whip something up this weekend.
- Aaron

I can take constructive criticism if i couldn't i would be listening to what you are saying or i would flip out .. and youre right the deserve script thing is stupid.. Idk what i was thinking. And the point of it is that there is no script link they have to go through a middle man i e me or any of you script owners to get to script so you have a short description telling what the script is so if theyre interested go ahead and ask for it?

mjthriller wrote:

And the point of it is that there is no script link they have to go through a middle man i e me or any of you script owners to get to script so you have a short description telling what the script is so if theyre interested go ahead and ask for it?

If there isn't a link, then people won't get the script. I can't really see people asking for a script that they haven't read. A description doesn't usually reflect the quality of a script. If people are posting attachments on emails, then I think you should put it online somewhere, so we can all read it. If you don't know how to do that, then look up Mediafire, or filehosting.org, both are free.
I can help out with anything if need be. Just ask.

Sméagol wrote:
mjthriller wrote:

i asked smeagol a small favor to prune the thread and for some idiotic reason refused so here we are with a new thread..

Always nice to have a fan! mini/bigsmile

Ahh, thats what i love about you Smeagol. mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

But the issue is damination duplicate films if we post the links then anyone could grab one without posting and then there might be someone who gets it legit and then the other releases film before him and doesnt give the credits.

Maybe people could post like a short part of their script, and if someone decides they want to use it, the writer would email the person the full script? Seems alot easier than the current system, and it would remove the possibility of scripts being taken without the writer's permission. mini/smile

^ Listen to this man.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

That's a great idea Brickmack mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Oh yeah. Good idea.

Yeah i was thinking about that too but i wasnt sure yall would like it.. But ok ill implement that

This is going well.

DanimationMovies wrote:

This is going well.

Do I smell sarcasm? (Probably not)

- Legoluke

YouTube | Vimeo

SLEEP IS AN IRRESISTIBLE FORCE - BrickLord

I think it's time for someone else to take a shot at this. Yours if you want it, Dan.

EDIT: Darn you Noodle.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

I took a crack at it.

Yeah.. i've saw i havent been able to do anything i have 9 scripts to push mine along that i have made in my absence on paper my pc is broken im using a friends to write this ill be posting my scripts to my thread as soon as my new pc gets here sometime next week.. Sorry for the inactivity. I'm not giving up yet..

Edit : Btw just updated my system its impossible to get any other simpler mini/tongue.

Last edited by mjthriller (March 19, 2010 (02:20pm))

You're turning this into competition, which will get you nowhere.

I had a lengthy and somewhat untactful post here, but all that needs to be said is this: This concept deserved better. WAY better.

Last edited by Noodle (March 19, 2010 (10:36pm))

I think it's time for someone else to take a shot at this. Yours if you want it, Dan.

Dammit.  Michael beat me to it.
Anyway, he's doing a good job, so that's good.
mjthriller, just let Michael do this. Every time you make your system "the simplest it can possibly be", you, quite frankly, fail at it.

If anybody didn't get to read the original post of noodle then here:

Spoiler (click to read)

What is this even about anymore? Is it truly about taking a great idea (a way for writers and directors to share ideas and produce better brickfilms than either could do on their own) and bringing it into reality? Because it should be. And I'm not sure it is. I'm not sure it ever was.

Look at the Free Software List. Ash didn't create it and set it up so that he could feel like a more important part of the community or some other selfish reason. He did it merely to help the community out, and it shows. That thread, from the beginning, has been a slow but steady stream of useful information, community feedback, and slight tweaks. This thread (well, three)? Five or so pages of typos, largely ignored advice, and a grudging change here and there, usually with an insult or two included for good measure. One thread is a valuable community resource. The other is a laughingstock that, months after its inception, has yet to see a single post relating to its original purpose.

The disaster this thread has become is disgraceful, and I'm afraid that it may have ruined any chance that this or any similar thread has of succeeding anytime in the near future. And that's a shame, because this thread had a lot of promise. It deserved better.

- Legoluke

YouTube | Vimeo

SLEEP IS AN IRRESISTIBLE FORCE - BrickLord