Topic: Grab-A-Script 2.5 (Final)

A simple script repository to store scripts when you have script ideas and write them up but can't finish them thats where i come in.

Please upload scripts too http://www.pastebin.com

and submit your scripts via..

Email : [email protected]

OR

Private message

OR

Post it here..

Just fill out this form when sending it wherever.

You're BIM username :

Script link :

Email:

Do you wish to receive credits? :

Public :

That is all you must do..

When posting it in the thread it is public so only do that if you do not wish to receive credits because most likely a leecher will steal it. Otherwise when you pm me it or email me it i'll keep the information private as needed and credits from the person taking the script will be rewarded.. Public just means i just add it to the repository for anyone to grab (Easiest) if private i will post a short description i write up of it and anyone whos interested fill out the script takers form and i'll give them the script.

And the form for taking a script..

*ONLY NECCESARY FOR PRIVATE SCRIPTS*

You're BIM username :

The scripts name you want :

Will you credit this person fully? :

---

PUBLIC SCRIPTS :

---

PRIVATE SCRIPTS :

Script writers name : MjThriller

Script information : The script is a full script it was originally built for avant garde.

Script description : In this script we follow Bert (Named after BertL.. inside joke) From his unboxing from his set.. To his end.. He starts out with his first creator who built him. We follow him from birth to his creators teenage years where he grows interested in girls and leaves bert and the other legos behind.. This was originally a script for avant garde which smeagol loved and so did a few people i let see in chat

Script name : The life of a lego

Last edited by mjthriller (March 21, 2010 (05:33pm))

Re: Grab-A-Script 2.5 (Final)

mjthriller wrote:

i asked smeagol a small favor to prune the thread and for some idiotic reason refused so here we are with a new thread..

Always nice to have a fan! mini/bigsmile

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Vegeta whats the scouter say about his sarcasm level.. ITS OVER 9000!

mjthriller (after correcting grammar and spelling) wrote:

I have done everyone's requests from the previous thread, and it was all good, but most of the posts were spam, like "what Noodle said" repeated 14x, and then the rest were useless. We got everything figured out, so I asked Sméagol to prune the thread and for some idiotic reason, he refused, so here we are with a new thread...

I suggest the use of the script writing software Celtx, even though I don't use it and think it's a waste of space. I use Notepad.

You know, if you just want to do things your way, go ahead. Put in your spoiler tags, force submissions to use your made-up format, get rid of the link to Celtx, and make everyone go through you to get anything done. And Danimation, or myself, or someone else who takes constructive criticism as advice instead of a personal attack and leaves personal opinion and snarky offhanded insults out of a supposedly objective thread description will start their own. And we'll see which thread gets more submissions.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

I really liked your idea to begin with. Unfortunately, the childish behavior you've displayed while executing it leaves me less than enthusiastic about being a part of it. All the best to you and your thread.
- Aaron

I kind of have to agree, the idea is great and all but, everyone was giving advice, and you weren't listening. Then Smeagol comes and tries to be fair, and you have to tell him off. That PM you sent me... well you might want to think before you speak.

I implemented what you all suggested i don't understand how im being childish.. i even admitted in the last thread you was right the thread was clunky as hell and very confusing thank you guys for the ideas i never meant to sound childish and michael my pm about smeagol i still mean that.

I once again am sorry i offended you guys i understand if you don't forgive me but im sorry.

Last edited by mjthriller (February 23, 2010 (08:55pm))

mjthriller wrote:

Too explain the new thread i have did everyones requests in the previous thread and it was all good but most of the posts were spam like what noodle said repeated x14 and then the rests were useless and we got everything figured out so i asked smeagol a small favor to prune the thread and for some idiotic reason refused so here we are with a new thread..

Can you delete this then?

There i changed it.

Much better.

I will now be able to use it. But one thing... I need some help scripting my A-G film and I was wondering if anyone could help.

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

What kinda help? Script format, ideas, what? I'm free to help.
Anyway, I really felt that this was going to go somewhere, but this is failing at the moment.

Last edited by Danimation (February 24, 2010 (04:16am))

I agree im pretty sure the implication is flawless users can control it so can i maybe just not enough people willing to give up scripts mini/tongue. well see

Last edited by mjthriller (February 24, 2010 (07:20am))

There are no scripts handed in because you're making the process extremely hard for people to use. This could be so much simpler and easier for everybody.

Last edited by Danimation (February 25, 2010 (05:46am))

I need help with writing the actual script. Also, I don't really see why I shouldn't just use MS Word.

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

Use whatever you want to use to submit it and damnation it is easy how could it be simpler other then people just posting the full scripts which would make leeching and dupe films crazy

mjthriller wrote:

damnation it is easy how could it be simpler other then people just posting the full scripts which would make leeching and dupe films crazy

Well, compared to your original idea, yes, it is a lot simpler. But all this "Why do you think you deserve the script?" stuff seems a bit silly. Shouldn't the person who wants the script talk to the writer themselves? Why do you need all that info? All you need is:

• Script name

• Writer's name + BiM name

• Link to script

The rest can be taken up with the writer and the receiver on the thread, or through PMs.

I also think you should generally trim your post to the bare essentials. You don't need a script description, if people can use links then they can just read the script for themselves. No need for the "What this means" bits either, people can understand what you are asking of them. It could be shortened to less than one-quarter of a page (excluding the list of available scripts) and still work 100% properly. Having such a long post makes people not want to read it, and therefore not use the resource.

Seriously, this could be so much simpler.

Last edited by Danimation (February 26, 2010 (04:27am))

Noodle wrote:

...And Danimation, or myself, or someone else who takes constructive criticism as advice instead of a personal attack and leaves personal opinion and snarky offhanded insults out of a supposedly objective thread description will start their own. And we'll see which thread gets more submissions.

You should listen to this.

Me or mjthriller?

mjthriller