Re: Greenscreen.

DJM,

I a week or so, I will get my life back (I am curerntly trying to get my kids of to college). If you wanted, you could send me a few frames of your movie and I can tell you if they can be keyed and how best to do it. Or at least offer some suggestions as to how to change your setup to be able to get a key in the future.

A poor low resolution grainy out of focus image will just not key. You need a good image to start with proper lighting. But, as I have mentioned before in other threads doing as much of your special effects "in camera" is the way to go. For sky, I have gone to the fabric store and purchased a few yards of blue fabric with a cloud pattern printed on it. These I streched over a sheet of foamcore board and placed these behind my set. They did not move, but they gave the right impression. I love fabric covered foamcore backgrounds for many reasons. They are light and easy to move. They are about the right size. They are fairly cheap, and you can get just about any color or texture you can imagine. You can than also modify the backdrop by adding elements with marker, paper, paint, ...

Last edited by FLL-Freak (January 18, 2009 (11:04am))

Skye Sweeney
www.fll-freak.com

I use Sony Vegas for my Chroma Keying. I have been very happy with the results.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/si665/Sets/chromakey.jpg

Si665 wrote:

I use Sony Vegas for my Chroma Keying. I have been very happy with the results.

I really need to download the demo and compare it with After Effects, Axogon, Wax, Cinegobs, etc.

After Effects is mcu more powerful, but has a steep learning curve. Never used the other programs so can't say. But Vegas is a brilliant semi pro editing suite.

Si665 wrote:

After Effects is mcu more powerful, but has a steep learning curve.

I'm not so sure. mini/smile Your key looks very good.

Before I got AE, I heard all about how hard it was to use. However, the interface seems very intuitive to me. It's easy to add effects, keep track of what you've done, etc.

- Leo

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have not been awnsering your messages but I have been very busy. I would like to thank everyone with all the help they have given me and I now know mostly what to do. But I have one question.

Is Axogen good?

D.J.M.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Axagon the free download is a very rudimentary program. It is nothing much more than a tiny utility program compared to programs like AfterEffects. In fact most video editiors like Premiere have more capabilities. Its advantage is (of course) that it is free. I tried my hand with it for a few weeks several years ago. Quickly realized that it would take for ever to complete my assignments with it and went out and purchased Premiere, AfterEfects, Audition, Encore, and Photoshop (as a bundle). Best decision I made. They are very expensive, but you can get a good price break if you are a students and can use www.academicsuperstore.com

Skye Sweeney
www.fll-freak.com

D.J.M. wrote:

Hi. Thanks to all those who helped me with my right mic. topic.

I need help. I want to make a greenscreen of moving clouds in the background of one of my films but I don't know how. Could someone help?

Thanks.

D.J.M.

You should get power director, it’s free but does have in app purchases, if you use an iPad get it on the AppStore, download  it if you use a computer just go to their website and download it. Than add your footage of the cloud, then press the two overlaying boxes and get your footage of the green screen it doesn’t have to be green screen it can be any color. Press on your green screen footage and all of the tools will pop up. Find Chroma key, then press the little color syringe and choose what color you want the cloud to replace you can adjust the intensity using the sliders. Hope this helps, God bless
Here’s the tutorial for the iPad app https://youtu.be/2837nTeWXHc

Last edited by BCStrike (July 12, 2020 (11:54am))

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1