Topic: Flying parrot

For a short animation I'm thinking about, I need a sitting parrot (no prob. I got several), but I also need the parrot to fly during the last bit (it's absolutly necessary for the animation te make any sense at all).

I haven't been able to find a brick of a flying parrot. Do they exist? And if not, how could I manipulate/mutilate one into looking like it's flying?

I'm open for all suggestions, and I don't fear taking a soldering iron or Dremel to my lego.

-PG

Version 1 of the the screenplay for episode 2 of The Stunt is finishised, and I really, really] await your critique!

Re: Flying parrot

Check Bricklink... If BL doesn't have it I don't know what will...

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

well, i cant find any either. But, you could cut the tip of his tail off, mold wings with clay, then boil it. It should stay on, then put a clear coat of sealant, i use my sisters nail polish mini/tongue

Persist.

You'd probably have to build a bird out of bricks, rather than use the standard parrot element. The Boyles have some in the Hide and Suck trilogy.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Parrots are awesome, but not as awesome as monkeys mini/bigsmile. These monkeys are the coolest things ever. You know, LEGO should start a Monkey line, with monkeys, monkeys and more monkeys! I would totally buy that.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Hazzat wrote:

You'd probably have to build a bird out of bricks, rather than use the standard parrot element.

Duh. It's lego. If you need something, you build it. Why can't I just think of this myself? I must be getting old, weak in the brain, rigid in my ways of thinking. Better go easy on the booze, from now on.

Thanks Hazzat, for pointing out the obvious to me. I needed it.

And thanks for the links to the Hide and Suck trilogy: that already gave some inspiration.

-PG

Version 1 of the the screenplay for episode 2 of The Stunt is finishised, and I really, really] await your critique!

Rudeness.

Anyway i think that you should do magic's thing. Sounds good to me. mini/wink

All The Best,

-TCS

RETIRED

They have some flying bird effects in this, but they used a sitting bird and added the wings digitally. One of my favorite brickfilms might I add.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

TheBrick wrote:

Rudeness.

Ehm, I wasn't being ironical, I was just pissed at myself for not thinking of that on my own. Sorry if that got misunderstood/offended anyone.

TheBrick wrote:

Anyway i think that you should do magic's thing. Sounds good to me. mini/wink

I'll try all suggestions (brick parrot, clay and digital) and see what comes out best (with my current skills, the brick parrot seems my best bet).

Thanks everyone, for thinking with me and pointing to fims that may provide examples. It's appreciated.

-PG

Parrot's are Teh PWNAGE, i'd try adding wings digitally or using a brick built Parrot.

_2014