Topic: Untitled Supernatural Detective Thriller...thing

So, while listening to some film and game scores (how I come to picture many of my ideas), a concept came across my mind while listening to the Bioshock score.

Here's the idea:

The story takes place up north during the 1920's-1930's.

A detective (who is of deep southern decent) is transferred up north and is assigned to a serial-murder case. While getting used to his new environment, and dealing with his new "yankee" co-workers, he must uncover the cause behind these murders. However, something is unsettling. A record is always set up at all the murder sites with something particular relating to each victim as (perhaps?) a clue.

I've been wanting to do a detective story for a while, and it seems ive finally hit something solid to work on for my next original brickfilm.

Sound solid and have enough of an original touch to work for viewers?

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Re: Untitled Supernatural Detective Thriller...thing

Sounds good. There have been lots of ideas for "detective thriller" brickfilms, but yours sounds like it could work if you do it right.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

I wanted to make a thriller too...well, yours sounds good. So yes, sounds solid.

Sounds interesting.  It all comes down to how the mystery is solved and is sounds like you a have a good plan for it.  You don't want it to be too easy or hard for the viewer to figure out.  I like the back in time-ness of it, just a interesting wrinkle in the fabric.  Best of Luck

Go Forth & Create!

Sound nice.