Topic: Library?

I am working on a brickfilm( You can see from my signature), and have a scene where there is a action scene in a Library. But not just any Library, a Huge, Old Library. Like, for example, The Library of Congress.

Any Ideas on what, and how to build props and backgrounds.

Re: Library?

If you hant enough of the book-pieces you can print them out and tape them in/on the shelfes.
Here you will find a book-picture for print-of:
http://www.bricktrick.de/index-download2.php
You can re-colour them with photoshop/gimp into brown/black or other darker colours to make them older

The Library of Congress was one pimped out library man. I was there over the past summer. It is HUGE, there tons of floors, but it was kinda empty since you need like an I.D. and card to go look at the books. And the architecutre is beautiful, there is alot of busts of the founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, etc. etc. And theres also differant museum exhibits on various things like history and literature. Nearly everything is made of marbel and there is religious murals on the ceiling.

I used the Library of congress as an example, but yeah, I know this is huge. I am hoping for this brickfilm to be 10-30 minutes long. Plus, the release date is sometime in 2011, mabye even 2012. So I've got time to build. Also, Kinzcove I haven't seen you around here since you had that debate about generals. Where'd you go.

@mario72
I use 2x2 flat tablets as my books, but I still downloaded the picture.

If you set it up correctly, you can also use 1x2 bricks.

Apart from huge, long bookshelves, it might be a good idea to make the floors all old and wooden, either using brown bricks or just using a custom made floor (that isn't made out of LEGO bricks).

I was thinking of making carpet designs, to make it look both old, and fancy

Using this method:
http://www.bricktrick.de/index-tricktip … rungen.php
You can create a long floor without many bricks.
Its in german, but I think you will understand it if you see it.

If not:
Just build up as long shelfes/floore out of the bricks you have.
Than you take a picture from it, move this set a bit backward, take a picture, and so on.
Now you have to composite alle the stills you have made and print it out. Put it behind the "real" floor/shelfes you have (with the same camangle), and you get a quite cool illusion of verry long and "real" floores/shelfes.

Good luck,
mario

Last edited by mario72 (December 26, 2009 (09:19pm))

Awsome! I never thought of it that way.

Hooray for BrickTrick!