Topic: Too many threads being locked... (and one other problem)

I've noticed two problems on bricksinmotion lately...

Locked Threads

I counted 21 threads. All locked. I don't really see why some were locked. The "Guess The Brickfilmer!" thread, the "GIF Challenge" thread, the "Hottest Actress?"-wait, that deserved a lock, along with fib12345's "Brickfilms Caption Contest!" because that was already posted. Um... just a lot of threads. As I said before, why should some of them have been locked?

Hacks

The only hack that I know about, so far, is that either someone hacked Smeagol's account and banned History500 for 5 days (3 more to go... or 2) or Smeagol is abusing his moderator power. Most likely he was hacked, Smeagol is a nice guy, why would he ban someone?

So, why is this happening? Anyone know why? Thanks.

Re: Too many threads being locked... (and one other problem)

I am totally with you on those.

if this thread gets locked, something fishy is goin' on.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

mini/confused Be thankful that we don't delete threads because you have a certain opinion on something.

That's  what Brickfilms does, if you didn't already know...

But anyways, those threads were just useless, yes, it seems weird but we do have a lot of new members who act very immature sometimes, so you're going to get that.

If no threads got locked there would be no order, everyone would be posting crap all over the place.
Heh, sounds like my essay on Animal Farm. mini/bigsmile

-LBJ

AHH THE JET SET '60'S, THANKS NANCY!
Youtube | JM-Music | Facebook
"But 3D is cool as nipples, man. " - Jimmybob

offtopic

I would post in the "half the bf forums were deleted" thread, but it's locked mini/tongue

Anyway, History500 told me to say...

History500, in a PM that he sent to me on historaudio wrote:

I know how to fix the problem with brickfilms. It is most likely in the config.php file. Go into it and find anything that might look like "board disabled=1" or something close, that indicates that the board is down, and change the 1 to a 0. If it isn't in the config, go through the databases with Phpmyadmin, and see if it's somewhere in there. -History500

Aaron wrote:

Locked Threads

I counted 21 threads. All locked. I don't really see why some were locked. The "Guess The Brickfilmer!" thread, the "GIF Challenge" thread, the "Hottest Actress?"-wait, that deserved a lock, along with fib12345's "Brickfilms Caption Contest!" because that was already posted. Um... just a lot of threads. As I said before, why should some of them have been locked?

That is because of stupid threads, not a problem with the moderators. They're doing their job.

Aaron wrote:

Hacks
The only hack that I know about, so far, is that either someone hacked Smeagol's account and banned History500 for 5 days (3 more to go... or 2) or Smeagol is abusing his moderator power. Most likely he was hacked, Smeagol is a nice guy, why would he ban someone?

History500 was banned for a reason. Smeagol is a nice guy and he banned someone. The two are not incompatible.

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (January 13, 2009 (07:55pm))

Haha, you're probably used to the moderation back at the refugee camp, which wasn't very strict. No one wants the forums to get cluttered, so it's being moderated fairly heavily. It's sort of like having a new teacher, they'll be strict and tough for the first month/weeks to show you can't act stupidly, but let down there gaurd slightly for the rerst of the year, so you can have fun, just not take it overboard. mini/smile

We need stricter moderation here, in my opinion. I won't elaborate very far, but I think that have more ops with strict standards on to mod more often.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

Jonathan|Marrero wrote:

...we do have a lot of new members who act very immature sometimes, so you're going to get that....LBJ

Older members can also be very immachure.

Yechi Hamelech!

it doesn't matter what gets locked or who's banned, either way this place is still undoubtedly boring, dumb, and dull with most of the people here and the *COUGGH* admin *COUGH* which is why i'm going to shamelessly plug the citizens of awesome at citizenawesome.com which has a more lively and interesting environment. at least we have intelligent conversations.

bricksinmotion.com sucks, nobody talks about the hobby and the general interest is pretty much dead.

Last edited by Timboh56 (January 14, 2009 (01:44am))

Those threads were locked to try eradicate the pest which is the new age of the 'brickfilmer'. This age is dumb and immature. Stricter moderation is being used to try return the community to the level it was in the golden days of Brickfilms. Stricter moderation is needed so that the community doesn't slip any further into darkness.

Maron wrote:
Jonathan|Marrero wrote:

...we do have a lot of new members who act very immature sometimes, so you're going to get that....LBJ

Older members can also be very immachure.

Yeah, immachurity is a big problem. Let us join to defeet it!

In all seriousness, Sméagol and I intend to moderate more heavily here.

Aaron, the mods are doing their jobs like they are suppose to. They weren't near strict enough on RefugeeCamp.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

The threads that were locked (excluding the hot actress threads) all deserved to be locked, they are an excuse to spam about random !@#$ that nobody wants to read.

I agree with that.They are working alot harder,you have got to give them creditr for that.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

The mods are doing a good job, although I think that some of the threads didn't deserve to be locked.

This forum is as exciting as the background colour.

Probably.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/COTB/FunkyJunk/RUMBLE/mg.jpg

Jonathan|Marrero wrote:

mini/confused Be thankful that we don't delete threads because you have a certain opinion on something.

Now you're basing that on what...two members who don't deserve mod powers and aren't being objective when they make decisions (*cough*History**cough*Doctor*cough*)?

Last edited by Lechnology (January 14, 2009 (01:06pm))

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Lechnology wrote:
Jonathan|Marrero wrote:

Now you're basing that on what...two members who don't deserve mod powers and aren't being objective when they make decisions (*cough*History**cough*Doctor*cough*)?

Lech, get that cough checked out. mini/wink

Robitussin works for me.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Yes, I did ban History500 after warning him several times to think before he posted, warnings he didn't heed, and decided to announce a contest (not suggest it, announce it as in session) without thinking through any of the details.  (I didn't ban him for that one thread, I banned him because of multiple offenses from the past.)  Here's the original explanation I provided.

This is quite a bit stricter than in the past and it's unfortunate that cracking down may cause some hard feelings, because it shouldn't, we're just trying to help you guys grow up a bit and not scare off new members.  History500 for one told me he understood the reason for banning him and didn't have a problem with it.  I think that, in the long run, avoiding spam and threads that are a waste of peoples' time will benefit this community, once people are used to the higher standards.

On a side note, I probably would not have locked some of the community threads that Night Owl has locked, but he's right that they are often redundant, for example the "What are you doing" thread is very similar to the "Cafe Corner" thread.  It's nice to have it a little more simplified and organized when possible.  I locked the "Half of the BF forums were deleted" thread because the original topic had been resolved and the second discussion, not related to the topic anyway, had also run its course.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png