Topic: ~I will review your brickfilm~

NO, I don't mean I will add it to the dictionary or something for I don't even have that power. mini/XD

I just feel like reviewing some films, that's all. I simply plan on writing reviews for brickfilms you post. I will be honest, give feedback, give suggestions, tell you the pros and cons about your film, and help you out if you have questions. Now I am not sure how this will work out, or how popular this thread will become, so I am going to make some rules:

1. You may post no more then ONE film per week.

2. Please try not to post anything over 20mins (I just don't have that kinda time!)

3. Please understand that I am going to be 100% honest...so don't get mad if I tell you your film isn't all that great. I just want to help you improve.

I guess that's pretty much it. If you are a already great animator, still feel free to post your film. mini/XD

So get posting!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Re: ~I will review your brickfilm~

lol, we already have a releases forum where everyone can review films.
But still, most people don't get their films reviewed by anyone at all.
I'll start out. mini/tongue
Here's my film "Brickfilm VS Claymation". Vimeo.

-JK

Last edited by Just Kidden (December 13, 2009 (06:27pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Why don't you just go to the Releases forum and post your reviews there instead of wasting a thread?

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Just Kidden wrote:

lol, we already have a releases forum where everyone can review films.
But still, most people don't get their films reviewed by anyone at all.
I'll start out. mini/tongue
Here's my film "Brickfilm VS Claymation". Vimeo.

-JK

Haha, I remember watching this when it came out. x) And wow, my first review...let's see how I should start it....

Pros: Animation, music sound quality, lighting, character design.

Cons: Camera Bumps, volume level on voice, Voice acting, brightness

Well, I find your little short to be pretty entertaining...I mean, let's face it, everyone enjoys these type of videos. Plus, I haven't seen a version that is claymation VS Brickfilm, so nice job on the idea. Also, I also really liked "Claymation"'s design...the way you made him look was old and well, ugly. So that matched pretty well I thought. The music sound quality was great as well, you got a good copy of the song!
           The only problems I can see are the camera bumps, voice acting, the volume of your voice, and the brightness. The camera bumps aren't too bad, but in your next videos, try to avoid them best you can. Your voice acting was decent, however, at times I can hear you blowing into the microphone, and that just doesn't give the viewer the feeling that the characters are talking, but rather, the feeling someone is recording their voice. So try to avoid that as well. Also, the volume on your voice was way too low, making it hard to hear your voice over the music. So next time, make sure the viewer can hear your voice loud and clear (not too loud, just a little louder then the music). The last thing I would like to point out is the lighting, which is good overall, but it is just a tad too bright. The LEGO man was almost washed out! I believe if you lowered the brightness just a little, it would be perfect.

All in all, it is a entertaining short that is worth watching. My final overall rating would be 6.5/10. Good job indeed! ^^

Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

I'm going to second the questions raised. Why not just use the actual Film Review threads?
This seems a bit . . . redundant.
- Aaron

Jargon wrote:

I'm going to second the questions raised. Why not just use the actual Film Review threads?
This seems a bit . . . redundant.
- Aaron

Well, that is a good point. But I made this because I figured it would be faster for some if they just want a quick review...I mean, I could just go to the Release boards and review there, but even so, I wouldn't be able to hit them all. This way, if they post their film here, I will for sure be able to review it. I don't know. Maybe it is waste of thread...just was trying to help.

Hmm, you really put a lot of effort into your review, you should try doing somethig like this for some films in the Releases forum, even if it would be only once in a while.

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Honestly, I didn't think your review was good enough to merit having your own thread. You're free to start a blog or something where you review films, but this stuff should be in the Releases forum.