Topic: Car Race / Police Chase

Directory Link

Car Race / Police Chase

Link 1

An epic street race through classic LEGO sets of the 1990s and before. Part 1.

Re: Car Race / Police Chase

Hello Everyone!

So I had a go at a Brickfilm this year. This is a complete A-for-Amateur effort but I had great fun making it and I hope it shows! Hope to make another one day. If anyone wants a taster I also cut a shorter version of just one of the key police chase sequences: https://youtu.be/xbTB1xvdldI

Sorry, bit new round here - Link 1 is to Youtube.

Best,
BrickingIt

Welcome Bricking! Looks like like a solid first effort, lots of fun stuff going on here, I particularly liked how the city was constructed as the race was 'explained'. I felt pretty nostalgic watching this as I saw a lot of sets state out of my childhood in the film, I think I may have even gotten that red #3 race car set when I joined the LEGO club back in the early 90s.

Very fun film! I loved seeing all the 80s and 90s LEGO, and how you incorporated the different themes into the one city (especially when the sharks came down the road to get the pirates). Welcome to Bricks in Motion!

I absolutely loved the vintage sets, even though they're a bit recent to be nostalgia for me!

Good work; I'd love to see more.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

A very strong first effort. I wish I was that good when I started. I hope to see more from you in the future.

Hi Guys, cheers for the thumbs up. It's really appreciated! The film starts off with the very first set I ever owned - the Speedway - which I think we got from collecting Weetabix tokens.

I tried to keep the settings consistent with the 1980s/1990s period, and part 2 will continue with the set themes of that time - Space, Castle, Airport and so on. Watch this space!

This was really cool! Nice job for your first brick film, The cinematography and editing was really good! Did you work in fillmaking before this?

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

osomstudios wrote:

This was really cool! Nice job for your first brick film, The cinematography and editing was really good! Did you work in fillmaking before this?

Thanks Osmostudios!

I've never worked in film but I was an avid film student and a fan of 90s action films. Anything by Bruckheimer/Bay/Scott/Woo. I wanted to soundtrack my Brickfilm to 'The chase' by Hans Zimmer from The Rock, but getting copyright clearance was completely impossible. Fortunately the Youtube library had a couple of decent tracks!

Hey, that was really great for a first brickfilm, congrats! mini/bigsmile
We found it very funny, and loved the vintage sets too.
Maybe it was a little too slow sometimes, how many frames per second did you take?
Looking forward for the sequel if you intend to make one!

Good Sense of Speed, I like it mini/smile

France & Alex wrote:

Hey, that was really great for a first brickfilm, congrats! mini/bigsmile
We found it very funny, and loved the vintage sets too.
Maybe it was a little too slow sometimes, how many frames per second did you take?
Looking forward for the sequel if you intend to make one!

Hey France and Alex, thanks I'm glad you found my film funny. I genuinely never kept count of the frame rate! Perhaps a mistake if the speed looked inconsistent. It must have been close to 25fps though. Instead I kept track of the 'wheel turn' of the lead car as a guide for speed, then adjusted the speed in post-product depending on how the shot looked by eye.