Topic: FAMOUS MOVIE SCENES IN LEGO

Directory Link

FAMOUS MOVIE SCENES IN LEGO

CLICK ME

Glowing Skull Productions has recreated famous movie scenes like Pulp Fiction, Blade Runner, Starwars, James Bond, (and more) using Lego and the filming technique called stop motion.

Re: FAMOUS MOVIE SCENES IN LEGO

Last edited by GlowingSkullProductions (December 4, 2017 (12:43am))

The animation was pretty good. Quite limited, though. The lighting was good as well. My main critique is the mouth movements. While some of them look good, others didn't, for example, some were just expansions of the current mouth, and others were just blacking out the teeth to give the illusion of talking. Otherwise, good film.

I guess the reason you're not getting reviews on here is probably because we've seen hundreds of movie scene recreations before and it's not that unique.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I watched this a bit ago, sorry for not reviewing it then, I just didn't know what to say.

I agree with rioforce with the mouth movements. Other than that, though, it was well done. I think that is why I couldn't think of anything to say. One suggestion I have (I don't know if I completely agree with it or not) is for you to do slightly longer clips with more movement if you were to do this again.

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

Most of the film scenes you've recreated have been done more thoroughly by other filmmakers. The lighting and sets (where they exist) aren't very accurate to the originals. The animation is nice but there's not much being done with it. If this (short LEGO recreations of existing films) is the kind of film you want to make, go ahead- I'm not here to play creativity police, but in general people on this site show more interest in films that aren't remakes of things that already exist.

Anyway, your comment about "this forum" is pretty irritating coming from someone who has commented on films that weren't his own a total of three-ish (?) times in eighty-something posts. Ideally people should offer criticism to all films posted in Releases but in reality you're giving them no reason to respond to your films if you don't respond to theirs. It's frustrating to see someone whine about what they get out of the forums when they haven't invested anything in them.

The problem I had with it? That they were really brief. Well done and everything, but... e.g. I would have liked to see the entire Blade Runner "I've seen things" monologue, or the joker interrogation scene, or at least a bigger part of it. Also some choices, while are iconic scenes, autonomously make little sense. For example the Lord of the rings one, the I didn't get from qich part was or when was told, I think could have been replaced by any of Gandalf's speeches, or Darth Vader's revelation, while being one of the most iconic scenes in movie history doesn't give the same feeling shown alone that Yoda's speech regarding the Force and the "Do or Do not" concept does. Still, most of them were really good, I particularly appreciated the animation in Blade runner's "I've seen Things" bit.