Topic: Scooby-Doo: Partners in Slime

Directory Link

Scooby-Doo: Partners in Slime

YouTube

What do monsters dream of, when they take a little monster snooze?

Happy Halloween everyone! With the spookiest time of the year fast approaching, I figured it would be fun to do something from a "monster's" point of view, and since I already had the Monster Fighters Creature from the Brick Lagoon (I'm so dorky, right?) it was impossible to resist making this. It took a little longer than it should have - my printer was out of order for a while so I had to blue-screen some shots rather than shooting against a backdrop, to varying success - but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

This will be my last Scooby-Doo project for a while. I have other ideas, but I'm stuck back into uni life, so I'm prioritising my MBU projects to work on in the little time I now have to animate. Rest assured, there's some more Scooby-Doo coming eventually, and you'll be able to follow that in the production thread, but it may not be for a while.

Thanks again for watching, I look forward to your comments, and stay tuned for Chapter I of The Defenders coming in mid-November!

Last edited by jampot (October 25, 2015 (04:10am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: Scooby-Doo: Partners in Slime

Your Scooby Doo movies are so much fun and true to the original cartoon. I couldn't tell if you used the original scripts or wrote new episodes. If you wrote these you NAILED IT!

Any future episodes will be well worth the wait. Great job!

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

Woodrow Village wrote:

Your Scooby Doo movies are so much fun and true to the original cartoon. I couldn't tell if you used the original scripts or wrote new episodes. If you wrote these you NAILED IT!

Any future episodes will be well worth the wait. Great job!

I'm flattered - I write all of my Scooby Doo brick films myself. I'm glad you think they're so much like the show!

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Nice job with this film Jampot! I love all your scooby-doo animations, and I can't wait until you release your next scooby-doo film! Keep up the good work! mini/yes

Good work. I was a bit confused on why the monsters were arrested when they didn't do anything wrong, though the viewpoint of the monsters and the friendship created was creative, and I liked it. The lighting was a bit bland, especially on the outdoor scenes. I guess the green screen worked well, I didn't know the difference between it and the printed background.

However, your animation was good, and I really like the concept (as I said). I look forward for the next Scooby Doo short!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

Good work. I was a bit confused on why the monsters were arrested when they didn't do anything wrong, though the viewpoint of the monsters and the friendship created was creative, and I liked it. The lighting was a bit bland, especially on the outdoor scenes. I guess the green screen worked well, I didn't know the difference between it and the printed background.

However, your animation was good, and I really like the concept (as I said). I look forward for the next Scooby Doo short!

Thanks for the feedback! I agree about the lighting. That was one of the downsides of being forced to blue-screen half the shots - I needed flat, consistent light on the set.

The monsters being arrested is just a throwback to the some episodes of the show where the antagonists are arrested for, well, scaring people. I can't specifically name any episodes but there were a few where someone would dress up as [insert monster here], scare a few locals but cause no harm or property damage, and then be arrested after being unmasked. One episode of What's New Scooby-Doo called "Roller Ghoster Ride" (which I still have on DVD) make a joke out of this at the end, since the only property damage the antagonist had done was to their own property, and nobody was injured, so they basically did get away with it.

The box of jewels, and the crowbar and trident were kind of meant to infer armed robbery though, too mini/wink

Partners in Slime has made it to 10,000 views! Thank you to everyone who has supported this project, the fact it has been so widely seen and appreciated really means a lot to me.