Topic: Scooby-Doo: Ancient Astronaut Attack!

Directory Link

Scooby-Doo: Ancient Astronaut Attack!

YouTube

Whether or not we're alone in the universe, Mystery Inc. certainly aren't alone in this lab!

Products received from Warner Bros. Consumer Products and LEGO for content creation purposes.

While I don't believe them, ancient astronaut theories and that kinda jazz are of huge interest to me, so when I came up with the idea for this brickfilm I simply had to do it. It's not as polished as some of my other work but I'm happy nonetheless.

If you haven't already seen The Misfire Mystery, why not check it out?

Stay tuned for more Scooby-Doo adventures coming very soon! Thanks again to WB Kids and LEGO for making this video possible. The next adventure will be called Partners in Slime.

Last edited by jampot (August 16, 2015 (06:08am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: Scooby-Doo: Ancient Astronaut Attack!

That was pretty good, I'm more partial to the Misfire Adventure, but in both of these I think you capture the feel of the show really well, except for the animation since yours is quite a bit better than it was in the show mini/smile.

There was some distracting flicker, but you acknowledged that in your production thread.  I thought you exaggerated though, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be from reading your thread. 

I have immensely enjoyed these two shorts as Scooby Doo was my favorite show as a kid and I can't wait to see Partners in Slime (love that title).

Brilliant. You've managed to get a fantastic cast that sound just like the real characters! I look forward to episode 3 mini/wink

Excellent job!  I have never seen Scooby Doo done so well in Lego.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Brick Block Animations wrote:

Excellent job!  I have never seen Scooby Doo done so well in Lego.

William Osborne wrote:

Brilliant. You've managed to get a fantastic cast that sound just like the real characters! I look forward to episode 3 mini/wink

Thanks for the kind words, guys! It's really encouraging.

Greenshirt wrote:

That was pretty good, I'm more partial to the Misfire Adventure, but in both of these I think you capture the feel of the show really well, except for the animation since yours is quite a bit better than it was in the show mini/smile.

There was some distracting flicker, but you acknowledged that in your production thread.  I thought you exaggerated though, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be from reading your thread. 

I have immensely enjoyed these two shorts as Scooby Doo was my favorite show as a kid and I can't wait to see Partners in Slime (love that title).

To be honest, I prefer Misfire Mystery too. A much simpler idea, and I think I executed it better overall. Not that I'm displeased with this one.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein