Topic: Blade Eater ep.1

Directory Link

Blade Eater ep.1

YouTube

The strongest fighters from around the world gather for the annual "Blades" tournament in order to fulfill their dream of becoming the champion of the tournament and to be crowned "Blade Eater".

My dream is to swim in Lamborghinis.
Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy my brickfilms.

Re: Blade Eater ep.1

So, a minute long intro on a three minute video may be a bit much...

Thing is with this, some parts are really cool, (3:04's sliding and 3:13's blue hit streaks) others are odd (The stringy blood) and others seem so bad and cheesy that they're hilarious (Just about everything from the announcer.)

It's an odd mix, and I'm not sure how much is deliberate, and how much is meant to be so-bad-it's-good.
Either way, it's quite entertaining!

The arena is fairly simple, but the color rings are neat, and it's mostly used just for an out of focus background anyway.
The animation is good, though it could a tad more easing out at times.
There's very little story, so later episodes will need to fill in the gaps.

For a generic fight scene, it had some very cool and unique things, but it lacked the story and depth to be much more than a glorified test. Later installments should probably address that issue, but otherwise, it's a pretty solid release.

The flag at the beginning was waving a really long time. As Pritchard said the blood was weird looking. The Animation was really good, though.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

That was very entertaining! The fight scene was well executed, but the stringy blood was a bit weird. I'm not a big fan of blood and gore in brickfilms, but if you are gonna do it, I would suggest using the transparent red blocks. They look good as lego blood.