Topic: The Lego Clip Show

Directory Link

The Lego Clip Show

Youtube

This is a test film i made to try a few animation ideas out and test my new DSLR camera for a brick film.

Re: The Lego Clip Show

Welcome to Bricks in Motion, Kaibakorg!

I like the overall idea. Different LEGO elements coming together into one film is fun.

There are some technical aspects of the short that are lacking, however. For one, the frame rate seems to be too low. The low frame rate makes the movements of the minifigs less realistic and very apparent that stop motion is the medium being used. I'd recommend practice animating with 12 frames per second. Also, there is a noticeable amount of light flicker. It may be helpful to wear darker clothing, diffuse your lights with paper, and/or switch all of your camera settings to manual to solve this issue.

I say, yes, as far as the technical world is concerned, it could do with improvement. (ditto above) But still, being a first film, this is pretty great. I mean mine could hardly have been classified as stop-motion and completely lacked any sort of original ideas or potential that your film shows. I hope to see more. mini/bigsmile

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Thanks for your feedback, I'm new to this so any feedback is helpful mini/smile