Topic: lego ww2: "JACKAL" (An animation inspired by Fury and World of Tanks)

Directory Link

lego ww2: "JACKAL" (An animation inspired by Fury and World of Tanks)

YOUTUBE

Many thanks to Baeumler films for the voice over, thanks buddy mini/wink

A ww2 tank animation inspired by the movie Fury and online game World of Tanks. This Brick film follows the story of a British tank convoy led by Captain Harrison and his fearless crew of the Mighty Churchill Battle Tank "JACKAL" making their way through Germany months before the end of the war. But now they must fight for their lives as they come across one of Germany's most feared killing machines which has risen from the ashes of war torn Europe, the DREADED TIGER!!!

Music by Kevin Macleod of Incompetech.com

Re: lego ww2: "JACKAL" (An animation inspired by Fury and World of Tanks)

That was pretty nice.
I liked the backgrounds. It's interesting to see cloth as mountains/hills. It's a welcomed change of pace and it shows that you're not afraid of going slightly outside the bounds of the 'brick world.'

There are a couple of things that I think would really help your films in the future:
If the enemy tank fires on the defending army and the shell impacts on the ground near the tank...the dirt/environment at the point of impact should show evidence of impact. A pothole, dirt flying up, etc....but in brick form.
Tanks are big, heavy hulking machines. When they travel, almost all tanks leave some kind of tracks and the treads tear up the ground underneath. Showing 'Lego tracks' behind the tank or to the sides would give your animation that extra boost of believability.

Thanks for sharing.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

While, yes, the animation and visuals need a slight bit of work, this was still REALLY enjoyable. The whole 'feel' of it I guess is what sold it, but honestly even with it's flaws this was definitely one of the better war brickfilms I've seen. All you need is a little work with animation and visuals, but other than that, you're all set. Nice job.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Excellent use of sound, from music to FX to voices.  Well-balanced.  Tanks weren't exact scale models, but they are elegant & nicely designed.  I wish you could have made a tank for me for the the WWII footage in the episoe of HOO I'm currently working on!  Compelling attack against the Panzer threat.  The explosion effects weren't very good, in my opinion, including the super-disgusting guy getting shot in the tank (I'll have to skip over that moment in subsequent viewings).  The non-Lego background, however, seemed to be a perfect blend into the Lego environment.  It's great to see more of the WWII animation niche here in BiM!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."