Topic: Lego Star Wars - Luke vs Vader Final Duel

Directory Link

Lego Star Wars - Luke vs Vader Final Duel

youtube

My second brickfilm! I've attempted another recreation sequence, a lightsaber fight this time! (more details in the youtube description)

Re: Lego Star Wars - Luke vs Vader Final Duel

Dude - this is totally my favourite scene out of all the six movies.  Well done.  24 fps?

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Phenomenal stuff! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. How long did it take you to make this?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

The effects and sets were great and the lighting and animation were amazing! mini/bigsmile

I can't say more than the others: it is a very good LEGO reenactment of this important scene in all the Star Wars trilogy! mini/bigsmile
What program do you use for the mouth movement?

togfox wrote:

Dude - this is totally my favourite scene out of all the six movies.  Well done.  24 fps?

Hell yeah!! This sequence is simply beautiful, I like it so much too, it was really great to attempt to recreate this special scene. Indeed most part of the shots were filmed at 24fps! However for the shots with slow characters moves (like little heads pans), I preferred to shot at 24fps but half the length of shot and then in the computer program slow down by creating interpolate generated frames to match to proper length of the shot! Those slow moves were so much important in my mind to keep the mood and it was simply impossible to get that precision I needed by my hands. The result was pretty good I reckoned.
I hope my words are not confused and you see what I mean. Thanks a lot for your comment fellow btw mini/wink

jampot wrote:

Phenomenal stuff! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. How long did it take you to make this?

Thank you mini/smile ! Well it'll be difficult to answer you with precision cause I could not work on it for a while sometimes unfortunately mini/sad . But hundred hours was necessary for sure I reckon. I have to say that the building part and to adjust the light exactly how I wanted was a bit more time that I expected when I started this project.

Redbrickstudio wrote:

I can't say more than the others: it is a very good LEGO reenactment of this important scene in all the Star Wars trilogy! mini/bigsmile
What program do you use for the mouth movement?

Indeed it's a great scene, thank you mini/wink
I used After Effects for the mouth moves! Actually I used AE for all the effects in the video! I answered with details to someone in the youtube comments if you are interested.

Amazing. Simply amazing. I remember the Hoth battle from four years ago, which blew me away. Do you do work in effects?

Slurping Animations wrote:

Amazing. Simply amazing. I remember the Hoth battle from four years ago, which blew me away. Do you do work in effects?

Wow really!? It's so nice to read this kind of stuff. Thanks a lot. To answer you, not at all, I experiment in my free time by passion. But I have to say I would so much to work in the video industry one day, but it's hard without degrees in that domain mini/confused

END films wrote:

The effects and sets were great and the lighting and animation were amazing! mini/bigsmile

Thanks a lot fellow, I hope to go forward the next time mini/wink

Muscle,
If you wanna quote more than one person in the same reply, just copy/paste the quote tags and then copy/paste the other message in there. Or, if you want to add to a previous reply, you can use the edit button in the bottom right.
That way things stay a bit neater and cleaner, and it becomes easier to read.
And don't worry, I cleaned up the extra posts for you this time.
Thanks!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Muscle,
If you wanna quote more than one person in the same reply, just copy/paste the quote tags and then copy/paste the other message in there. Or, if you want to add to a previous reply, you can use the edit button in the bottom right.
That way things stay a bit neater and cleaner, and it becomes easier to read.
And don't worry, I cleaned up the extra posts for you this time.
Thanks!

Thanks for warning me and sorry it was my bad! I'll be careful later!