Topic: The Adventures of Jim and Tom

Directory Link

The Adventures of Jim and Tom

The Adventures of Jim and Tom on YouTube

I came up with the idea for this video in about 2 seconds, and used the idea to test out my new macro lens extension.
Enjoy~

My (not 100% stable yet) website:
http://matthew.is-my-na.me

Last edited by Maaaaaaaaaaatt (July 14, 2013 (07:47am))

Re: The Adventures of Jim and Tom

Ok....Not quite sure what that was about, but whatever. mini/tongue

The voice acting seems to stand out in this as being quite good. (I assume you did it yourself.)
All the close up shots look great, and the animation holds up very well under such close scrutiny.
The cropping bars do go away for that last bit, but I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.
While the quality looks great, it may have come off as even more impressive had you used heads/torsos with more detailed printing. Turning on the automatic subtitles added yet another fun element to the short, but that was to be expected.

Now, there's not much story, but it does show their friendship for each other. Will you be turning this into regular comic duo, or was this just a one-off?

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (July 15, 2013 (05:52am))

Re: The Adventures of Jim and Tom

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Ok....Not quite sure what that was about, but whatever. mini/tongue

The voice acting seems to stand out in this as being quite good. (I assume you did it yourself.)
All the close up shots look great, and the animation holds up very well under such close scrutiny.
The cropping bars do go away for that last bit, but I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.
While the quality looks great, it may have come off as even more impressive had you used heads/torsos with more detailed printing. Turning on the automatic subtitles added yet another fun element to the short, but that was to be expected.

Now, there's not much story, but it does show their friendship for each other. Will you be turning this into regular comic duo, or was this just a one-off?

Thank you for all the compliments!
The cropping bars were supposed to go away, yes. I did that so that the epicness of the whole thing would just kinda die instantly for the last part. *shrug*
Also, there won't be a series, or at least I'm not planning on it. It was just a very short, very quickly-written animation to keep me entertained. I like to make random animations that leave people laughing and scratching their heads like "What the heck just happened?" Though it is possible that one or both of the characters could show up briefly in a future film. I tend to do that. mini/smile