Topic: LEGO Lightsaber Battle: Jedi vs. Sith

Directory Link

LEGO Lightsaber Battle: Jedi vs. Sith

Youtube

Just a lightsaber battle that I filmed a while back, and just finished editing. Sorry for the bit of light flicker, but I had to use a camera with no manual control or remote capture. Aside from that, I'm open to some feedback. Hope you enjoy. mini/smile

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

Re: LEGO Lightsaber Battle: Jedi vs. Sith

Not bad, of course, it's not very original either... mini/eh

The animations is generally pretty smooth, but the cinematography is lacking the fluidness and flow that the great duels have. (Fancypant's Force Unleashed for example.) The CGI planet looks pretty good, and the lightsabers were done well. (With a few exceptions)

While the arm movements are nice, there isn't much body movement going on. That makes the cuts and swings loose a lot of "Force" and "Power." That's not to say there weren't any cool moves, but the majority of them got repetitive and a tiny bit boring.

The sets had a nice contrast between the sterile and plain corridors, and the more wild, overgrown and natural looks of the forest area.  But the blue walls matched the blue water, leading to an odd effect of blending.

The masking is done well, but there wasn't much leg/body movement, leading to the illusion being destroyed. Most of the camera angles were from above the figures, so the audience wasn't integrated/pulled in. The thing also would have benefited by more camera movements.

Not bad by any means, but had a bit more potential than was realized in the final movie. mini/wink

Yeah, I'll agree that it wasn't the best, but I made it two years ago, when I was just getting into animating. Also, the camera sucked (it couldn't get closer than 8 inches). Anyways, thanks for the feedback. mini/smile

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

Good masking though! And animation was good too but, hmm... the sets could be better.