Topic: Last Man Standing

Directory Link

Last Man Standing

Link 1

First brickfilm. Went for the generic Call of Duty style gunfight but you have to start somewhere. If you like action and violence you will probably love this mini/smile
Check it out !!

Re: Last Man Standing

Wow, this is great for any brickfilm, and doubly so for a first try!

The animation is smooth, and with just one or two exceptions, quite realistic. The effects are well done, and not over-used. There's not much story, but the execution is nice. The sound design was good, the sets do a great job of matching the tone, and it's a well made short. Very nice job, and I hope to see something with a bit more plot from you in the near future.

Thanks man, will start working more on story when I have more of a fan base, just gonna practice my animating skills for now mini/smile

I agree with Pritchard mostly but this has one thing that I don't like: the gun sounds, they sound weird to my ear or I just don't understand why they sound like that. Do you have something sense making answer to this... but anyway great short! mini/lol

jameslightley wrote:

Thanks man, will start working more on story when I have more of a fan base, just gonna practice my animating skills for now mini/smile

More of a fan base?  It's your first brickfilm and you've got like 903 views already!  How did you do that?!

Not my kind of film, but technically well-done.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

What can I say, I'm motivated to get more views hah!
Thing is I don't have any more figures etc. so could do with getting some good views so I can afford to get a better set. Thinking zombies next.
Yeh a couple of people have said the sound is funny, i think it varies on speakers but when I rendered my star wars short out, the sound was shoddy so changed the codec to uncompressed.