Re: THAC 8 [CLOSED]

Hopefully MediaFire doesn't crash this year.

which THAC was it when it crashed?

Last THAC I believe...

YouTube
Max, She/They

I think its more safe to unlist it on YouTube.

Me too. That way it's more easy to display it to the general public.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

1 more week!!! mini/twitch

P.S, Im just going to upload to YouTube under "unlisted", but when can we change it to "Public"?

You can make it public once the twenty four hour time limit is over I think. mini/wink

http://i.imgur.com/jaA3e.png
"No, please, I love you..." jstudios on Skype... <He was talking to me<              News!

I think so too. Or after the results. I don't know, how was it last time I can't remember. When were they allowed to release the videos?

Danimation wrote:

Hopefully MediaFire doesn't crash this year.

Is that what happened last year?  I was on MediaFire about a half hour before the contest ended.  Even though my video wasn't finished, I was trying to submit what I had.  For some reason, MediaFire wasn't uploading my video correctly.  Now I understand why it didn't work mini/tongue  I haven't animated for a while but I'm getting excited for Thac.  I love the feeling of trying to beat the time!  I think I'll get some sugar donuts from the store mini/bigsmile  I'm glad that we can submit our videos through YouTube.  I'm unsure of how to compress my pictures and still keep decent image quality.  I use a Canon DSLR, and it's a pain to compress the pictures for this contests requirements.  Anyways, gettin' pumped for my 2nd Thac!

Im just gonna change it to public after the results just to be on the safe side, unless i hear otherwise.

NXTManiac wrote:

You may also upload a version to youtube.com or dailymotion.com or any other website once the 24-hour time period has passed.

I think that means we can change it to public after the time limit is over.

http://i.imgur.com/jaA3e.png
"No, please, I love you..." jstudios on Skype... <He was talking to me<              News!

Can't wait only 7 days to go. Actually quite nervous about it as I usually spend on average nearly a month on each film I make. mini/sweat

Lg Productions
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd413/Lgmaster6/TheBoxManSigniture.jpg

Excited too. I hope my Quickcam comes before the 18th...

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

I hope I can get RAM for my 2nd computer. 2 computers makes things easier to work with. One for editing, the other for filming. If I get #3, my server computer running, than that will make posting it on the internet easier to do. I'll say, I'm a nerd with too many computers, 5 to be exact.
THE ANTICIPATION BE BUILDING! mini/twitch

After a five year hiatus, I have returned

THAC 8: The Cleanup
Website|YouTube

mini/eek
5?! Wow.

There is such a thing as overkill. Two machines is a nice balance. Three, maybe. I don't see why a single person would need 5 computers. That just seems silly.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Batman needs 5. One for batmail, one for bat-radar, one for bat-web, one for bat-games, and one for, well, I'll let your imaginations run wild with that one. Chuck Norris needs 5. One to break with his teeth each day of the work week.

There are 8 computers in my house but this is between a family of 5, each room has 1-2 computers. Why would you need 2 computer just to animate and edit? Animating as you go on separate computers would be a pain. To be fair there is a 7 year old machine next to me, with XP on it. I may try Linux on it so I can animate using one of those programs. But really for one person 1 good computer is a bit better than 20 rubbish ones.

3 Laptops
4 Desktops
1 Sever
(all PC)

Anyway, I am entering and I'm pretty excited for it.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

My household in total has 7 computers. My sister uses a "family" laptop. My Mother has a computer. My Father has a computer and a work laptop. I have three machines - a beastly desktop for video editing/gaming, a macbook pro for general use and frame capture (although I can use my PC for this too) and an Alienware laptop, which I'm currently selling.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

In my family we got 4 computers.

Laptop for my dad
Laptop for me
Laptop for my mum
and a desktop for my brother so it's one computer for each person in the family.