Re: The Love Thread!

vik wrote:

Didn't you have a girlfriend ?

oh yeah I totally forgot, just kidden
no, we broke up, remember?

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Today was a little weird. She just said "Hey" while a lesson, but in a undescrable way, with her brown eyes open and a smile on her face. After that she said I have to sing loud(We had a music lesson, and I can´t sing((good). We were singing a song about a love story, may you know"Regen und Meer" from "Juli".))
I want to ask her out somewhen, it´s not the right moment now. I´m a bit afraid of what could happen, I don´t want to look like an idiot like the two last times I asked a girl out. Also, I have some very stupid classmates who probably response with some negative comments about that relationship.
My friend is in love with her too, just in another way. He laughs at her and doesn´t want to show emotions, but everytime he turns around and watches her, I can see that he is jealious because I sit next to her. Once it happened that she said to him he should kiss the girl who shares the table with him(No ofense to her, but she is not very beautiful). He freaked out and said she should stay at her honey(that was aimed at me). She just said "Shut up".

http://imgur.com/qO642.png

Well I have a great friendship with the girl I like and frankly I dont mind if I keep it that way. I dont need to be in a relationship and to have an awesome friend is pretty good with me.

I got... erm, 'asked out' in a sense the other week.
(I know I can get a lot of opinions on here, so...)

Given that I essentially said 'No,' would it be mean of me to go back to the way things were beforehand; where 'him' and I never really talked much in the first place?
He's a nice guy, but....

And for the curious, I'm past the min-age for marriage of 16 in NC.

mini/bigsmile

I never plan on buying anything when I go to the Lego Store.
Strangely enough, I always wind up finding something that makes me ditch those plans.

*walks in*

First time here...nice place you got here...is the theme still the same as when the thread started?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Euphreana wrote:

Given that I essentially said 'No,' would it be mean of me to go back to the way things were beforehand; where 'him' and I never really talked much in the first place?
He's a nice guy, but....

mini/bigsmile

I'm confused.

I think she means should she act like nothing has happened and carry on as before (where they never talked much in the first place) or should she change how she treats him because he asked her out (for example avoid talking to him at all since if she started talking to him more it would give him false hope?? I'm not sure. Euphreana, maybe you can clarify.)  I think she would like a guy's perspective, so come on dudes!

Euphreana wrote:

He's a nice guy, but....

mini/bigsmile

Alright, since I’m a girl, I think it might be easier for me to answer this question than the other guys...

I assume that you probably want this to go back to the way it was before. DO NOT be suddenly nicer to a guy just because he likes you. As mean as this sounds, if you don't like the guy you’re never going to end up with them, so all your going to be doing is leading him on and giving hope to something that is never going to work out. I know you probably feel awful and you suddenly feel obliged to be nicer to him just because you turned him down, but in the long run it's better for him and you if you just go back to the way things were beforehand.
Trust me; I’ve been through this before. Even if you think you’re just being nice and not flirting with him, he'll probably take it the wrong way.

So, as I said before, as mean as you feel don't be suddenly nice to him, I'll end up hurting him and you later on.

Hope that helped mini/smile

-EmmaExecute

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/emma_execution/siggy.png
^Click to watch

Thanks,
Yeah, I'm not being any 'nicer', though he keeps on trying to strike up conversations. I guess my big question is: should I ignore him or stay somewhat friendly?

I never plan on buying anything when I go to the Lego Store.
Strangely enough, I always wind up finding something that makes me ditch those plans.

Emma's advice is good advice. I know this dude who had a crush on this girl, but she didn't have a crush on him. She kept being friendly, but like WAY too friendly, she did a lot of stuff with him all the time etc. KNOWING he wanted her. Eventually he just started ignoring her and she came of like a real b--ch to be honest.

Last edited by Pillow (June 18, 2010 (11:05am))

Scypax wrote:

*walks in*

First time here...nice place you got here...is the theme still the same as when the thread started?

Well yeah, only the name changed from ''Post your Love Stories'' to ''The Love Thread''.
It's about love, about girls (and boys mini/shifty ), and about yourself.
Take a seat mini/smile

Although sometimes The Love Thread gets a bit dramatic, so, instead of sitting in a comfortable chair, you'd sit in something a bit more . . . electrifying.

Euphreana wrote:

Thanks,
Yeah, I'm not being any 'nicer', though he keeps on trying to strike up conversations. I guess my big question is: should I ignore him or stay somewhat friendly?

I don't think you should totally ignore him straight away, thats kinda mean. Just make sure that when he tries to talk to you that your with your friends, so that he can't say anything confronting and if you can, keep your conversation short. Try to make it clear that you are not interested, and just want to be friends.
If you still find that he doesn't get it, maybe ignoring him for a while might be your best option...
(I know this is harsh, but if it's the only way he's going to get the message...)

-EmmaExecute

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/emma_execution/siggy.png
^Click to watch

Euphreana wrote:

I got... erm, 'asked out' in a sense the other week. Given that I essentially said 'No,' would it be mean of me to go back to the way things were beforehand; where 'him' and I never really talked much in the first place?

This exact thing happened to me (with the genders reversed, of course) a little while ago. I pretty much pretended the whole incident never occurred, and she did the same. It worked out fine, and we remained on good terms the entire time I knew her.

I guess my advice would be to act exactly like you did before and give him the chance to do likewise. If he does, great. But if he doesn't take no for an answer (and if this happened a week ago and he's still trying to start conversations, it sounds like he's not), you'll have to ignore him. If that doesn't get the point across, try a taser.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Guys guys guys...
now let's hear from the other side.
I've been in the situation that I love a girl that didn't want me. She ignored me first, but then, we became good friends. We laughed together and we're telling eachother stories. She was in love with another boy that time, and wouldn't believe that that guy was a real jerk. When I told her to stop loving that dude, she was getting very pissed and she shouted at me that she didn't care about me anymore. Well, I just didn't talk to her for a week and a half. In that time, her hart gets broken by the other guy. She started talking to me again, and was sorry of every single thing she had done wrong to me.

what happens next? Read the above posts about fights, getting pissed of, and getting your hart broken.
http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 5/#p141325
That one.

Dude, that was EXACTLY my situation before. EXACTLY.

Littlebrick wrote:

Wait, so your families are dead-set against each other, while you two are dead-set for each other, but her brother found out about your secret passion for each other and challenged you to a duel, but you refused, so your friend took your place and lost, so in a fit of rage you killed the other guy, and as a result, got exiled, and now you can never be with her again, unless she does something so completely insane that only a gal could it think up?

Wow, that's deep. I thought I had problems.

I've only just got back to find this... Now I don't know whether to give you a cookie or slap you in the face. Anyway, I'm thanking whoever-the-thingamajig that it's not exactly like that I'm afraid mini/XD Just replace the "dueling parents" and the "annoyed brother" with chronic heart diesease, her parents and 5000 miles of ocean between me and her... Yeah... mini/blankexpression

-storgero

YouTube | PlayStation Network: storgero | Xbox LIVE: storgero | Steam: storgero

She's a dingbat.

"Thank you very little..."

I get into the friend zone and I can't do anything about it mini/sad

For example:

Me: Hi, I'm-

http://www.daxxterity.com/images/friendzone2.jpg

Me: Damnit

Last edited by Daragh (June 22, 2010 (03:01am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

The problem why many guys end up in the friends zone is that they treat the girl they like a sister instead of a girlfriend. Guys want to make a good impression and they tend to be over-friendly and over-concerning to a girl. They don't touch her and they give her too much compliments.
Treat her like a love interest and you won't get in that zone, because she knows what you're after.