Re: Septemberfest 2010 Contest [CLOSED]

Try a book. They're good for you.

DerTarchin wrote:

Guuuuuhhhh. Do you guys know how... bored yet annoyed I am listening to you guys while my cam is being used by my dad until the end of this WEEK!

Ahhhhh!. I hate having a GREAT idea in my head, having everything set up and ready but NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING!!!!

I bought a new webcam on amazon, yesterday and I can't film till it comes! mini/sad

Last edited by Jed277.tv (September 2, 2010 (01:46pm))

When will we know the judges?

PunBB bbcode test
Life's an ocean, sail it.

I may not make the deadline.
I have a rough idea of what im going to do but since it requires the lego of my freind who is on vacation I wont be able to start filming for a week or two.

Welcome to BIM GneatGnome!

Failure is always an option - Adam Savage

Lamplight and I have finished writing the script and story. He's going to start animating today, I believe. I can't start animating until Friday. (Tomorrow.)

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Finished half the first scene. New Signature for 'Dream Scape'

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

GneatGnome wrote:

When will we know the judges?

We thought about figuring them out ahead of time, but currently the plan is to wait until the deadline passes and pick from people who could've entered but didn't end up entering.  Because it's tough to get people on a contest like this who are good but willing to forfeit the right to enter, in case they might be able to manage something.

Most likely, Sean and I will be two of three-four judges, though I'm quite open to not being one of the judges myself if we find enough good judges.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

If I don't make it you could use me...

Nevermind. You probably wont.

I'll go back to reading Lackadaisy now. l_  /-\  (  l<  /-\  l)  /-\  [  <  \,/

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

does screaming count as dialoge?

Question: I thought up kind of like a horror movie for this contest, and I have the story all planned out, so if I don't make the violence too obscene would you guys be ok with it? Also it's got a sexual theme in it too, but of course if I don't go too over the top would it still be ok?
Maybe I'll release a Director's Cut. mini/bigsmile

My movie is like an horror movie too. There will be some deaths and I want to ask that if I don't show them being killed but the screams and the chainsaw can be heard, I still can enter with that?

filmyguy wrote:

Question: I thought up kind of like a horror movie for this contest, and I have the story all planned out, so if I don't make the violence too obscene would you guys be ok with it? Also it's got a sexual theme in it too, but of course if I don't go too over the top would it still be ok?

a graphic horror movie with sexual themes definitely sounds somewhat questionable for this contest.

And what about me?

DTVision wrote:

My movie is like an horror movie too. There will be some deaths and I want to ask that if I don't show them being killed but the screams and the chainsaw can be heard, I still can enter with that?

Sméagol wrote:
filmyguy wrote:

a graphic horror movie with sexual themes definitely sounds somewhat questionable for this contest.

dammit.
Yeah, I'm just getting sick of doing comedies. That Out-Law trailer changed me.
This is the basic plot:

Spoiler (click to read)

An apparition of a parrot convinces a man to commit murder. mini/tongue

It's a lot more interesting than that, but that's basically the story.
Let me know what you think about it because I'm still thinking up ideas, even though I am leaning towards making this one.

LOL.

What the fudge filmyguy?

I guess if you think it's not going to be objectionable to people on this site, then go ahead and make it...I always felt like the best horror films tend not to rely on gore anyway.

filmyguy wrote:

Yeah, I'm just getting sick of doing comedies. That Out-Law trailer changed me.
This is the basic plot:

Spoiler (click to read)

An apparition of a parrot convinces a man to commit murder. mini/tongue

It's a lot more interesting than that, but that's basically the story.
Let me know what you think about it because I'm still thinking up ideas, even though I am leaning towards making this one.

THAT SOUNDS HOT.

That movie sounds cool to me, Filmyguy mini/smile

Sméagol wrote:

I guess if you think it's not going to be objectionable to people on this site, then go ahead and make it...I always felt like the best horror films tend not to rely on gore anyway.

Don't worry, it wouldn't be as gory as the Out-Law. The Director's Cut on the other hand...

Sounds awesome, filmyguy. Can't wait for it. mini/bigsmile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon