Re: Impact - An Animation Guide

Really? I thought that looked fine...does anyone else think that it looked bad?

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

I thought it looked fine. The guy was shot backwards. He would not roll, if he was to do anything it would be doing a back flip and that would be silly.

Yeah, it's great. I'll keep that video in mind next time I decide to do something like that(which won't be very long!).

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

I don't understand. You wanted to teach realistic impacts, but your first lesson was a "comedic" car hit that was over exaggerated?

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Well, I meant it was partly realistic. I want to show that the way your film is going to be will change the way impact happens. It's a community experiment! mini/smile

If anyone wants major involvements, you'll need to PM me. Approval is necessary.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Splash, consider easing in and out, with bigger increments in the middle you can make any animation comical, and for a more serious one rotoscoping the footage is a great way to go. You might have wanted to include this mini/wink I have a test I might upload soon which has a comical and serious types.

-Tejas ViM

I haven't received a message, which means that you don't have the permission.

Well he can still put it on YouTube even without your permission. mini/smile

But it won't be included in the guide, if that's what he does. Therefore, it won't properly be a contribution to the guide. Has anyone got any ideas for me to try?

Um. I don't mean to star an argument, but that sounds a little selfish. It sounded like VIM has already made a tutorial, and just wants to upload it. And in that case he was not copying you, and can make whatever tutorial he wants.
I hope I didn't offend anyone. mini/tongue

logo
"Every time I see a NinjaGo set I want to explode." - Mad Brick

Nope. It's the fact  that this tutorial is meant to teach an audience, and how can I be sure this is suitable if he's going to just randomly upload it? Man, I seem to be getting a lot of hate today...

Sorry Splash, but to me it didn't look that good. It looked like he was falling over after the car had touched him. mini/confused
I think you should ease in and out too, because the animation seemed a bit... animated. mini/blankexpression I hope I helped.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/Lighthouse_Productions/Layer1_0095-Copy.png?t=1270071517
Website | Pie Island Status: 88% complete

Okay, Sorry about that. I see what your concern is.
I think the test was good, but the guy did fly off the the car a bit quickly. Otherwise, good job.
Good luck in making more.
-Brickmation.

logo
"Every time I see a NinjaGo set I want to explode." - Mad Brick

lighthouse productions wrote:

Sorry Splash, but to me it didn't look that good. It looked like he was falling over after the car had touched him. mini/confused
I think you should ease in and out too, because the animation seemed a bit... animated. mini/blankexpression I hope I helped.

You didn't. You would if you properly explained though.

The first thing I noticed that needed to be fixed was the actual impact; there needs to be some lag. If you look up slow-motion shots of baseballs or golfballs being hit, the ball is compressed where it is being hit, then several frames later the object actually starts to go somewhere. Here's a video with some examples.

What I'd do is have the mini-figure stick to the car for one or two frames, then have him start flying off on his own. Have him bend into the car a little bit, especially his upper body or whatever parts aren't being hit by the car. I'm sure in some circumstances, the person being hit would actually fly up and over the car, but I think that all depends on how fast the car stops. This applies for both versions.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

OK, I'm officially recruiting team members. You have to send me a Private message filling in the following application.

Impact Guide - The I-Team
Name (Surname not necessary):
Been animating since:
Ideas (E.G. how to punch somebody in animation):
Camera:
How do you plan to research your topic:
How much time for animation do you get in a week:
E-Mail address (Required):
Code Symbol (Whatever you want it to be):
Sample of Work (Link to YT or something):  

Good luck applicants, you must work as hard as you can. My E-Mail address is [email protected] but you can PM me if you want.

OK, so far the team has 4 people (including myself). Hopefully we'll get some out in the next weeks. IO've had exams and school and other ways of being busy so I haven't been able to make a lesson, but hopefully I could do one this week.

If you have a suggestion, just say, because I really want to help you guys!

is your sister alright? but yay i thnk this is a great idea!!!

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac244/Dhizmoraxe/FLChorton/FL1.pnghttp://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac244/Dhizmoraxe/FLChorton/FL2.png
http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac244/Dhizmoraxe/FLChorton/FL3.png
By UniLego

That incident was a long time ago mini/tongue She's fine now. Thanks for the enthusiasm! mini/bigsmile

*bump*

Splash can you post mine?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png