Re: LEGO Collectable Minifigures Discussion Thread

I want that bowler hat. Really really badly.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Squash wrote:

When did LEGO start making arms that stick out to the side like on the bat?

Monster Fighters was the first time. Two of them come in Vampyre Castle.

ANP wrote:

I want that awesome caped alien.

I agree. I can't wait for this series, as with most of them :P .

@Jargon

Lego is running out of ideas. The skier, the alien, and the bowler hat guy look particularly bland. I did, however, grin at the pretzel guy, and the headphones will be a neat piece to use.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

You're right, they repeat things a lot. Especially the athlete figs.
I like the vinyl record though. and the Hamlet. and the mafia man.

Totally. But the alien is cool with the trans-pink brain. mini/cat

I'm not totally opposed to rehashes. It's cool to get previously created elements in new colors. I'm disappointed by the amount seen here, though. Yeah, the pretzel is neat, but it's also in the newly revealed The Hobbit set. The record is cool, but it's also in the Monsters Fighters sets. There needs to be some level of exclusivity, otherwise we're paying a high price for figs that are not all that special.

Hehe, I didn't notice that leiderhosen guy. That is totally awesome and will totally fit in with my scottish kilt dude.
But you know what, this series needs minifigs that have quirky personalities but will still fit in with other stuff. Like, you wouldn't sell a hippie minifig in a Lego City set, but you may want one to make a believable 60's antiwar protest brickfilm (we need more of those)
Or the minifigs in ethnic dress like the Scottish guy and the German guy are used for making a diverse community I guess in brickfilms.
Of course then again there are a lot of real useless minifigs in the series that are just there for fun (What are we supposed to do with a bunny man?!?!)

Pretend that he's pretending to be a bunny, silly.

Jargon wrote:

I'd be more enthusiastic about the alien if it wasn't a rehash of Alien Conquest.

Personally, I like to see other stuff in new styles and such. It's also nice for it not to be in a huge set, and that cape, that cape is really cool. Plus it would be brilliant for a LEGO version of Cats.
(I've been wanting to make a LEGO Zero Wing intro (with all the delightful translation, too))