Re: THAC 7 Starts NOW!

I'm not entering, but good luck guys. mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

I had about 1:20 until Monkeyjam messed up mini/sad

Can you please visit my Casting Call please? I need it or Inverted won't be able to start.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

I have 36 seconds done

We've written the script, and made the props.  We are about to start filming right now.  Good thing the day is free for us today! mini/lol

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Sorry for posting again, but is it ok if the mod element isn't there for about a second or two? The shot begins with it in but then the minifigure covers it up mini/confused

27 seconds, and I still have to do 2 shots, so seconds enough for me. mini/tongue

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Awesomeonomy wrote:

Sorry for posting again, but is it ok if the mod element isn't there for about a second or two? The shot begins with it in but then the minifigure covers it up mini/confused

Sorry, but if you've done this shot already, you'll need to redo it.  A mod needs to be visible in every frame.

... I would like to mention that the black/yellow mod might not have been the wisest choice
70% of all brickfilms, contain a minifig with black hair that qualifies as a mod element. Just a though.

Cheers Arend

I had like 30 seconds done. But I abandoned my idea and am starting a new script now. mini/bigsmile

It does? Hm, he's wearing a black helmet if that counts

Cheshire wrote:

Sorry, but if you've done this shot already, you'll need to redo it.  A mod needs to be visible in every frame.

I could have sworn that Sméagol said the judges would be quite forgiving and if it was covered up for a frame or two you wouldn't be disqualified.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

You should be fine if that helmet is black and the head is yellow, Awesomeonomy.

Ahnt, there is definitely truth in your logic.  In hindsight, the color mod may have been a tad too simple, but the reasoning was to avoid having to answer an excessive amount of questions about variants and what would work (clearly that did not work out exactly as planned mini/tongue).

Hazzat, I'd like to be forgiving as possible, but when we're at this early stage in this contest where things like that can be fixed, I would prefer them to be.  As I said to Ahnt above, the mod really is very simple, so getting it into every frame really shouldn't be difficult.

Last edited by Cheshire (January 2, 2010 (10:39am))

After shooting a shot of mine, I've realised that it's a little too dark to make out the colours of the mod element. Despite this, the hair is quite clearly black, and it's connected to a minifig head. You can't quite tell that it's yellow, but it's obvious it's a head and so therefore it should be yellow, does this count?

You should be good, Cheesey.  Try to establish these colors as what the character has in a different shot, and maybe hike up the brightness or exposure or something, and everything should be fine.

CRAP! I just got up, good thing is I got a great idea already.

You Tube, http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxVegasProductions
"I spend my time hunched over in my room taking thousands of pictures of a children's toy in 1 millimeter increments to create the illusion of movement. Pretty sexy huh?" -Gojira

Guys, don't freak out about mod elements. Smeagol already said they're not going to be super strict - no one's going to disqualify your film if someone walks in front of the mod element. It's not that huge of a deal. The mod elements are just to keep users from filming before THAC starts. I don't know why Cheshire told someone to redo a shot. In a timed contest, that can be a big deal.

- Leo

As I stated previously, I'd like to be as lenient as possible.  However, this is an easy mod.  Why I'd like to be more strict is to leave room for leniency, as opposed to starting out lenient and getting even more lenient.  So if, at the end of the day, you finish editing your film and you realize a mod is covered up, we're clearly not going to disqualify you.  But again, because this mod should be a cinch to integrate, please attempt to utilize at least one mod in every frame.

Still offering any voicing. I can do any voices right now. Male ones, of course. Email is: [email protected].
mini/wink

This would generally be the place where one would look to find a person's sense of humor. Good luck trying.

We have about 28 seconds done of our film.  It might be more complicated than we thought.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

I minuite of animation done, and 1 minuite of non-animation, totalling to two mins so far!

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They