Re: The Script is here for the Lego movie!!!

Still extremely cliché. You're going to have to throw in a lot more of a twist than that if you want to make it work. Perhaps the president was in on the plan to destabilize the government, and then things went sour and his cohorts took him out? Or maybe the president isn't even killed, but instead fakes his death and goes undercover? Instead of cops, perhaps a reporter and cameraman? Even those ideas would are pretty trite at this point, so keep brainstorming. Steer away from anything familiar.

Honestly, though, I really don't know why I'm even bothering to give advice, because the fact that you don't even have a basic story yet, let alone a script, and yet you have already started shooting does not bode well for this film.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Thanks Noodle. I think I will probably make the president be in on the plan, but the bad guys only want him for the codes and other things to hack or get into a government building. At the middle of the movie the president gets shot and the plan starts.

I've only shot 1 scene which can be used in almost anywhere in the movie. I am working on the script right now.

[Crosshair Animation]
  Scripting: 15%

Sounds interesting... but as Noodle said, it doesn't make sense to really have this thread unless you have already at least written one draft of a script.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Okay Builder Brothers I am writing the script right now. I almost have it done. When it is finished I will post a copy here in this thread.

[Crosshair Animation]

That would be cool. mini/delirium

Okay. I about to be done. Look for the script (rough draft) around 12:30 today (12/21/09) and please tell me what you think.

mini/sunnies

[Crosshair Animation]

Will do...

How long is this movie planning on being?

:shifty: Thanks. Hope you like It! I think the movie will be about 3-5 minutes long depending on how much time I have.

Last edited by Crooshair ANimation (December 22, 2009 (11:30am))

[Crosshair Animation]

IT'S HERE!!!!!! the SCRIPT is HERE!!!!!!
mini/bigsmile

Script for Lego Movie

Bad guy 1: Car approaching (in a building surrounded by computers)
Head Honcho: Open the door
(Black car pulls through the door)(President steps out)
President: Well it looks like you’ve got everything under control (looking around)
                  Let’s get working (walking to a table with plans on it)
                   (Two talking silently, camera turns away)
Backup 1: When’s the president going to come out? (In the crowd)
Backup 2: It’s so loud (also in the crowd)
                (See main cop walking in front of the crowd)
Backup 1: I want some cotton candy
Backup 3: Shhh the president is coming!
                (Switch scene to warehouse)
Head Honcho: Trace, do you have the codes from the president?
Trace: Yes I’ve got the codes.
Computer guy 1: Sir the president is making his speech now (sitting at computer desk)
Head Honcho: Prepare the snipers
                      (Switch scene to presidential speech)
President: My fellow Americans, today I stand before you outraged by what has occurred. The crime in this nation has skyrocketed. And now the inevitable is happening. Our country is falling apart because of itself. So ask you, will we take any more of this?
Crowd: NO!
President: I have devised a plan to help the nation get back on its feet. This plan will require the cooperation of the pub…
                 (Gunshot in the distance, President falls to the ground dead)
Radio person: The president has been shot! The president has been shot!
                      (Bad guy 4 takes out his gun and shoots the towns people)
Main Cop: Lensie Get over here! (Daughter)
                 (Lensie rushes over and is shot down)(Main Cop pulls out a gun and shoots Bad guy #4)
Sniper 1: The job is finished sir
Head Honcho: Good, eliminate all subjects
Sniper 1: Copy that (sniper opens fire) (Main cop jumps behind a dumpster and shoots the sniper)) radio falls out of the building, Main cop goes and picks it up)
Main Cop: Listen (pause) I don’t know who you are, but you killed my daughter so you might have well killed me. I coming after you and I will (slight pause) kill you.
                (Click of the radio going off)(Main Cop throws the radio away)

End Fight Scene
Main Cop: (breathing hard) Huff Huff Huff Huff Huff
Bad Guy# 1: (getting punched) ugh. Ahhhh!!!(Falling down a shaft)
Bad Guy#2: (getting shot) Sir lets go… (Gunshot falls down dead)
Main Cop: Your plan is over. I’ve won. And now you are dead. (Gunshot)

Thanks for reading!

[Crosshair Animation]

That's....really short for 3-5 minutes....I am currently about to film a movie around 5-8 minutes, and the script is 10 pages long. Also, you use "I" a lot, when it should be "I'm" or "I am"....

Other than the supposed length, and a few grammar errors, it looks alright. Except, it seems a bit simple too.

Persist.

Well magicoflego this is the rough draft. I did not go into detail as it will be in the final draft. There are some more lines but only one or two words. Also this movie is mostly action and does not contain alot of words.

[Crosshair Animation]

Well, you still should script out the fights/shootouts. Here is a quick excerpt from my upcoming film, to show you how I did a fight scene mini/wink

Matthew awakens in a forested area, lying face down. He gets up and slumps against a tree. He starts to cry, but then sharply inhales as a twig cracks. He looks around the corner, and one of the henchmen is coming. He holds his breath as he quickly jolts back behind the tree, and the henchmen yells "hey!" Rustling of leaves and twigs are heard as the henchman runs toward the tree. He looks at the tree and no one is there. From around the back of the tree, Matthew comes out with a large branch and hits the henchmen over the head with it. The henchman falls limply over with a single strike and Matthew pants deeply, and falls to the ground beside the henchman. He searches him and finds a knife, a small sword, and a pistol. Matthew gasps as he lifts the pistol up, clutching it above his head with two hands, like some sort of idol to him. He gets up and puts the knife and the sword away. He holds the pistol and looks around. Matthew sees a distant building up ahead, and gives a sly grunt. He begins walking towards the building, and as he comes closer to it, he notices guards standing at the entrance. He brandishes the gun and cocks it. After a moment, Matthew raises the gun and fires once. One of the guards falls to the ground, moaning and groaning in pain. Matthew chuckles, and fires again, this time missing the guard who is trying to aid his downed ally. The guard then notices him and begins to run towards Matthew. Matthew fires twice, both missing. He grunts and sighs heavily, then fires 2 more times. Both miss again, and the guard is coming towards him quickly. Matthew attempts to fire again, but the gun runs empty. The guard is now about 8 studs away, and Matthew begins breathing heavily. The guard is now arms length away, and tries to punch Matthew, over and over. Matthew dodges 3 punches (torso) and is hit with the fourth(HEADSHOT). The guard chuckles and goes for another strike. Matthew, without thinking, punches him back, and begins pounding on the guard. Both of them struggling on the ground now, Matthew  grabs a stone  and hits the guard over the head with it. The guard begins to bleed, and goes limp and unconscious. Matthew gets up, breathing heavily still, and begins running towards the building. He is inches away from the door when a huge man steps out in front of him. The man laughs in a deep voice and brandishes a Gigantic sword, glistening in the sunlight. Matthew begins to back up, and than trips over a rock, or something of the like. Just as the huge man is about to deliver a killing strike to Matthew, Matthew rolls over, and the sword hits the ground with great impact. Matthew jumps up and takes out  his own sword. The huge man attempts to strike again, and Matthew blocks it this time. Thinking quickly, Matthew severs one of the mans calves, and the man keels over in pain. Falling to the ground. Matthew is still panting deeply, as the huge man groans and writhes in pain.

Persist.

@Crooshair ANimation - sounds interesting, but a bit violent and a bit short of a plot for our taste. (not much character development and all)

@magicoflego - cool, but once again, a bit violent for our taste.  If you tone down on the violence though, you may have something totally awesome there.

What about all that "ruling the world" stuff? Plus,it just goes from the cop talking on the radio, to him killing the bad guys. How does he find out? What does he do to get them?

I know you didn't add alot of detail to this one, but I think you need more than 1-2 lines more.

I don't think a father would react like that right after his daughter have been killed...she dies and instantly he starts shooting, shouldn't you add some  lies where the father hopes that the daughter's still alive, or something like that?...
Also, I expected it to be a bit longer.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I will take your advice into consideration as I write another rough draft. This might take 2-3 days because this one will be longer. But still comment and give ideas for the storyline.

If ya'll want me to I can post snipets (parts of the rough draft)over the next few days.

[Crosshair Animation]

BuilderBrothers wrote:

@Crooshair ANimation - sounds interesting, but a bit violent and a bit short of a plot for our taste. (not much character development and all)

@magicoflego - cool, but once again, a bit violent for our taste.  If you tone down on the violence though, you may have something totally awesome there.

Erm, the movies already filming, and I don't need anymore critique. Thanks though mini/confused

Persist.

Crooshair ANimation wrote:

If ya'll want me to I can post snipets (parts of the rough draft)over the next few days.

It's not what we want, it's whether or not you want help.

Actually, that script would last 3-5 minutes if properly executed, as it's mostly action. The lack of proper formatting makes it seem a lot shorter than it is. That said, there isn't really anything there except random violence. There's no motivation given for any of the characters. What are the bad guys planning? Why do they start shooting civilians? Right now, that script is a scene, not a story. It's a good start, but you've got to lay in a few more of the puzzle pieces to get an interesting film out of it.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Thanks all the people who are giving me advice. I am working on the script.

Here is some of it (snipet)

Script

Movie starts out with camera surveying a warehouse. Black car approaches the warehouse. Camera switches to inside view of the warehouse. Camera slides over to the right corner of the warehouse. Trance: Sir, a car is approaching. Camera switches to the car approaching for 2 seconds then switches back to warehouse view.Gabriel: Let them in. It’s the President. Creaking in the background as the warehouse doors are opened. Car enters the warehouse. Doors are closed. Car door opens revealing the President of the United States. President surveys the area. His eyes fall on Gabriel.President: Hello Gabriel. Let’s Talk. So I hear you have a plan to make my nation better. Walking beside Gabriel.
Gabriel: Yes sir I do. Approaching a table layered with papers.
President: Let me hear about this plan. Sitting at the table. Camera fades away from the table. You still hear the two men talking. Fade to black. Voices still audible

Last edited by Crooshair ANimation (December 22, 2009 (04:58pm))

[Crosshair Animation]