Re: The Animation Challenge

I sure am cutting it close! Finished re-animating, see if I can motivate some editing. If not, some music. It is an animation challenge, I'll just have to do better next time. mini/tongue
Gonna add music and credits then upload it.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Okee Dokee Everyone.

Here is the deal (not by my own doing). My plan was to have everything judged at 12:00pm (EST) and posted by 1pm, but I am going to have to put that off until later tonight due to work. If things clear up I'll stick to the plan, but as of right now it looks like I may be in for a long day thus forcing me to judge this evening.

Sorry for the delay.

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

Mah..:D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7083/7346199582_0d42b907d8_m.jpghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8167/7160990441_9435fa9fcb_m.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/kKlqu.jpg

1011Ev How close are you. I have finished my analysis of all the entries and I'm just about ready to post. Let me know, if you can, how much longer. If I don't hear anything within the next hour, I'll post the results.

Thanks for entering everyone, that has been a great challenge to judge.

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

ShutterBroke wrote:

1011Ev How close are you. I have finished my analysis of all the entries and I'm just about ready to post. Let me know, if you can, how much longer. If I don't hear anything within the next hour, I'll post the results.

Thanks for entering everyone, that has been a great challenge to judge.

Almost done....

"Of The Pond Films"

1011Ev wrote:

Almost done....

Awesome, then I'll wait

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

Sorry I'm taking so long. mini/confused
EDIT: Almost almost done. mini/XD

EDIT: EDIT: Sorry for making you wait so long ShutterBroke, but here it is. http://youtu.be/_-t3gVz6umA

Last edited by 1011Ev (May 24, 2012 (11:33am))

"Of The Pond Films"

1011Ev wrote:

Sorry I'm taking so long. mini/confused
EDIT: Almost almost done. mini/XD

EDIT: EDIT: Sorry for making you wait so long ShutterBroke, but here it is. http://youtu.be/_-t3gVz6umA

I likey! mini/smile

Thank you! mini/bigsmile

"Of The Pond Films"

Animation Challenge: Jumping off a moving vehicle (PLAYLIST)

This one was very very close between 1st and 2nd and an argument could be made either way, but on to the results.

First Place
1011Ev
Can someone help me pick my jaw up off the floor! 1011Ev that was totally worth the wait. This animation delivers on all accounts. The only part in question is when the driver changes expressions it seemed to not totally fit. Not even sure what it was, but that was the only issue. Very very well done.

Second Place
animationIsaac
This one has it all! Action, adventure, speed, emotion, drama, romanceÉokay maybe not romance (except the guy kiss'n the ground), but I have to say I loved this entry. The audio of this was fantastic. Maybe a bit hot on the "OMG" but fantastic audio work. Lighting was beautiful and I loved the tunnel effect. The concept was perfect for this challenge.

The fall was fantastic along with a car explosion to boot. I applaud you sir very very well done!

Third Place
ZP
I enjoyed this one. It was smooth in the animation sense, but jerky enough to give you the feeling of shaky cam. The fall after the jump seemed very realistic with what seemed to be the perfect amount of frames. The added complexity of camera movement was not missed. I would have loved to have some audio to go along with this piece. Overall when this theme was picked, this is what I envisioned.

Honorable Mentions
JeffreySoderlund
If you havenÕt seen this one, please do so now! Very well done. I loved the music, it fit your story perfect. The gun shots sounded great and effects were very well done (looks like someone owns Action Essentials maybe?). Fun tidbit, at 20sec the light gets blown up at at 27sec its back like magic : )

The mouth animation was fantastic. Not sure what you usedÉLooked like AfterEffects because it was so smooth. Well done.

The animation itself seemed to have a lot of motion blur until the jump which looked a tad bit to digital to me. Other than the very minor issues that was a great animation. Thank you for entering.

thewadertater
I have to say, I'm a sucker for the quick jokes. I had a little lol out of this one. It had great audio and the masking was pretty well done. My only suggestion with masking is to have the rig behind the object instead of him standing on it. It will give a cleaner line, but over all this was a great entry. Thank you for entering, love the tux by the way!

GandAanimations
You had a little lol out of me and I liked the idea you came up with. Here were a few things that I noticed. It looked as if you had the color balance set to auto because as soon as the white horse came on the entire scene color changed. The opening focus sequence was a bit quick, a few more frames would have been nice but I found the focusing in and out in between each scene to be a bit distracting. Maybe a little less use of it would have been nicer.

The fall, while it was good, seemed to defy physics. Not that you need to stay true to real world physics, but if you fell off the back of a moving cart you would still maintain some forward momentum. It also seemed to go very quick, maybe a few extra frames would have done well.

Like I said, overall this was a well-put together piece with a great concept. Thanks for entering.

Briks
Nice work Briks, but I have so say I didnÕt like this as much as some of your other work. While you executed the concept okay, I would have liked to see a bit more of the approach or the guy standing on the car. I do have to say the camera panning was spot on! Very very well done.

The lack of audio (other than background music) was a bit distracting and even the music didnÕt seem to fit, in my humble opinion. On a side note and this is just a suggestion so take from it what you will, but I would cut down on some of the title sequence time.

Over all this was a good piece and I liked the first attempt better than the second, but I have seen better work from you. Great job and thanks for entering. Grats 1011EV. Give us a good theme

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

Thanks! And congratz 1011Ev! mini/bigsmile Give us a good theme! mini/bigsmile

Yeah I want to enter give us a topic

Ahhh yeah!!!

Youtube

Congratulations, 1011Ev!
Give us a good theme! mini/smile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Second place! mini/bigsmile
Yeah, congratulations 101Ev. mini/smile

Thank you all! mini/smile

What do you guys think about Careening around a corner, Shooting a bow/crossbow, Gymnastics, Doing a Wheelie, etc. Give some suggestions maybe?

"Of The Pond Films"

Parralax scrolling (or whatever it's called) would be cool, or maybe skiing?

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

how about transforming

Ahhh yeah!!!

Youtube

What about a WATER FIGHT!... mini/tongue

How about playing an instrument? mini/wink

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...

TtownStudios wrote:

how about transforming

This one could be pretty awesome!

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter