Re: The Animation Challenge

Coyote Creek Films wrote:

Not sure how you do a spit take with Lego
if you use clay it might look like he's spitting his guts out, or something mini/eek
but how else would you do it mini/shifty

Post-Production! mini/lol

LGFB Studios wrote:

if you use clay it might look like he's spitting his guts out, or something mini/eek

where's the fun in that? mini/lol

Coyote Creek Films is right, post production would kind of defeat the purpose of the animation challenge.

The theme sounds good enough, but I don't think the challenge needs to go on for so long until Christmas. I think you could maybe make this Friday the dealine?

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Tobias, most likely I won't have access to a computer on Friday in order to judge the entries. mini/sad I may be able to move it up somewhat, though.

backyardlegos wrote:

Tobias, most likely I won't have access to a computer on Friday in order to judge the entries. mini/sad I may be able to move it up somewhat, though.

Oh okay. I'll see if I'll make an entry. Most likely not though, as I'm gonna be REALLY busy from now until Christmas.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Just Kidden wrote:

This is an awesome theme. I'm going to enter if it kills me.

R.I.P Just Kidden

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

LGFB Studios wrote:

where's the fun in that? mini/lol

backyardlegos wrote:

Coyote Creek Films is right, post production would kind of defeat the purpose of the animation challenge.

This is what I said, too... But in an ironic way obviously mini/tongue

Here's an old video by Golden Camera Studios:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf6TXBJacAM

I think that it would be difficult to do it with Clay or LEGO... Good luck! mini/smile

It would be fun to see someone actually animate with real water. you could like put some glass in front of the camera lens and drop some water on it to make it look like the guy spit on the camera.

I personally don't really like the theme. I mean, you could just have a minifig stand there and spit out some clay, it's not really a challenge.

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...

Okay, so I've decided to broaden the topic to classic comedy gag. This still includes spit-takes, but allows other options such as slipping on a banana peel. I know this is similar to cartoon physics, but I am leaning more towards classic live action comedy than cartoons, although cartoon gags are allowed. I will judge based on the execution of the gag and the gag's difficulty. (AKA a couple of guys slapping each other around won't win.) I'm going for creativity and comedic quality. I still think the later deadline is appropriate because of THAC 9, and I am still willing to move it. I hope more people are interested in this theme.
Good luck to everyone who enters! mini/smile

I'm entering!

http://www.youtube.com/user/skateboardcrazy2
The Youtube channel of god
fyi: I am now known as Fat Cat Films on youtube. Formerly DDProductions

backyardlegos wrote:

Okay, so I've decided to broaden the topic to classic comedy gag. This still includes spit-takes, but allows other options such as slipping on a banana peel. I know this is similar to cartoon physics, but I am leaning more towards classic live action comedy than cartoons, although cartoon gags are allowed. I will judge based on the execution of the gag and the gag's difficulty. (AKA a couple of guys slapping each other around won't win.) I'm going for creativity and comedic quality. I still think the later deadline is appropriate because of THAC 9, and I am still willing to move it. I hope more people are interested in this theme.
Good luck to everyone who enters! mini/smile

I'll enter.
Cool theme. mini/sunnies

-CDP

Oh. This has my attention.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Best theme. Everrr

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Looks like I'm entering this one too.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1z3baep.jpg
And the funny thing is, I don't even like donuts that much!
Youtube Channel

I love the new theme but unfortunately I can't enter this one. mini/sad good luck to everyone else!

I thought the point of the theme was to do something specific so that everyone attempts to do the same thing?

If you say 'classic comedy gag', this could be anything, and so people will do different things, making it more difficult to judge...

... not that I ever enter...

Is anybody going to enter?

Rsteenoven has a point, the challenges were originally meant to be more specific so that everyone makes comparable entries, therefore providing a stabler(?) base to judge upon. However it's not written in stone that the theme can't be general, and I for one like this theme a lot. If I wasn't busy with another project I would definitely enter.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube