Re: My MOCs

The black and silver one was a magnet. This red and silver one was the Boba that came with Slave 1 (the newest one).

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to share this picture as well.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2524/4140651021_e8bdaea4f8.jpg

HOLY CRAP! I WANT THOSE SO BAD!!!!! mini/sad

Persist.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2681/4165958229_db3017b897.jpg

A new MOC I whipped up in an hour.

Nice. I like the exposed hardware and diagonal platform.

Sweet, Thunder-blade. Do you think you can give a parts list? Or maybe even instructions? I ask because I've been stuck on trying to think of a set design for my Animation Challenge: Lightsaber Duel entry. This matches perfectly with what I have in mind, and with your permission I would like to use that design as a large part of the set. Also, I have a question concerning the Mandalorians. How did you get the helmet separate from the jetpack?

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

I can't really give a part's list, I'd have to take apart the MOC... I just build as the ispiration hits. Also, this isn't a good surface for brickilming, lots of tiles.

And I used an X-acto.

Darn. How about some more angles then?

Also, this isn't a good surface for brickilming, lots of tiles.

I know, I want tiles. It's much easier for me to execute the moves I want in my film.

Last edited by Bricklord (December 7, 2009 (03:01pm))

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Just build your own set and use mine as inspiration.

OK, I built a somewhat decent model, but it's not quite what I want. Are you sure you can't give me a parts list? If not, can you at least take some more pictures? I can't tell too much from that one you have.

Edit: I couldn't stand sounding like a n00b.

Last edited by Bricklord (December 8, 2009 (05:21am))

deviantART | YouTube

To be honest, at this point a piece list wouldn't help you much. It's all about how strong YOU are personally at building. I think (no offense) at this point I have a higher building skill than you, thus it comes easier to me. Just keep practicing, you don't gain MOCing skills overnight.

BrickLord, have you explored any other areas of the online LEGO community? While I love BiM, often the building aspect of LEGO and the style/techniques involved get overlooked here.
- Aaron

To be honest, at this point a piece list wouldn't help you much. It's all about how strong YOU are personally at building. I think (no offense) at this point I have a higher building skill than you, thus it comes easier to me. Just keep practicing, you don't gain MOCing skills overnight.

I am not liking the size of your ego, Thunder-blade. WTH was," I think (no offense) at this point I have a higher building skill than you, thus it comes easier to me" all about? Did I ask how good you were, or say that I was better? This isn't about how good you are, I just asked for a little help. What if you asked me for help with animation, like how I did a certain scene? Would you like it if I said " At this point I don't think telling you would help. It's about how strong of an animator you are. I have a higher animating skill than you, so it just comes easier to me"? Would that help if I rubbed my natural animating ability in your face? A parts list would help a lot because I can't see what pieces you used in some places. And if you can't give me a parts list how about some more pics?

Last edited by Bricklord (December 8, 2009 (05:56am))

deviantART | YouTube

A agree with Bricklord. This isn't a set-building challenge, to see who is better. I, for one, can build amazing sets, but that does not make me a better animator than he is, and it doesn't make me a better person than he is. It's not a race, or a competition.

And as for the actual set: It looks quite nice, but the only thing you could do is expand the set out a bit and add detailed walls.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

I think Thunderblade is beginning to feel a bit annoyed, and his only response was along the lines of "I'm too tired to waste my time on this, I've got things to do,  figure it out on your own." Ever had those annoying youtubers breath down your neck? You explain everything in detail, it goes over their heads, they repeat questions you have already answered, and it feels like you have accomplished nothing? That's why I don't respond to Youtubers anymore. I'm not saying that it's ok to act like you are better than everyone else, but let's face it, he actually is rather good. He does have a higher building skill than you, of course that doesn't give him the right to act like a jerk, but I don't think that's what he was going for. You just gotta know when to stop asking, ya know? He obviously doesn't want to share his methods with us, so just stop asking mmkay?

And Jargon is right, you should probably make a film or two before worrying too much about the complexity of your sets.

But I haven't asked him much of anything and he hasn't told me anything at all, so there shouldn't be anything for him to be annoyed over. If he had, then yeah, I would have stopped asking already. And that's fine if he doesn't want to share his methods. He doesn't have to explain everything to me, my building skills are strong enough to build it by myself if I had more to work from than just one picture. So Thunder-blade, could you please just take a few more pics? That's all I ask.

Last edited by Bricklord (December 8, 2009 (07:24am))

deviantART | YouTube

I'm on BrickLord's side here. A few more pics are not going to harm anyone.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Alright, I see I'm in the wrong. I apologize.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Thunder-blade/StarWars/Misc/dsc_0355.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Thunder-blade/StarWars/Misc/dsc_0353.jpg

How different BiM is from the rest of the online LEGO community. mini/lol

I see that Thunder-Blade has apologized, but honestly, BrickLord, you ought to calm down.

I am not liking the size of your ego, Thunder-blade. WTH was," I think (no offense) at this point I have a higher building skill than you, thus it comes easier to me" all about?

Thunder-Blade IS an advanced builder. That's not something that just comes naturally, it takes practice to develop. Unlike brickfilming, which you can learn a lot by reading, building takes mostly building by doing.
And have you considered that by asking him for a part list that you're asking him to take apart his model? He has no obligation to do so. There were already more pictures up, if you had taken the time to look at his Flickr stream.

And for the record, in most places copying somebody else's MOC for use in your own work isn't something that's looked upon too highly, hence Thunder-Blade's hesitation.
- Aaron

Last edited by Jargon (December 8, 2009 (09:35am))

Thank you for the apology and pictures, Thunder-blade. I apologize as well, I totally overreacted.

Thunder-Blade IS an advanced builder. That's not something that just comes naturally, it takes practice to develop. Unlike brickfilming, which you can learn a lot by reading, building takes mostly building by doing.
And have you considered that by asking him for a part list that you're asking him to take apart his model? He has no obligation to do so. There were already more pictures up, if you had taken the time to look at his Flickr stream.

I know that he is an advanced builder, I didn't say he wasn't. He's damn good in fact. I was just wondering how in the heck that was relevant to the question. To me it just sounded like he was being high and mighty, but now I don't think that was his intent. Yes, I realize that for him to give me a parts list that he would have to take apart his model, I realized that was being selfish of me so that's why I changed my request to just pictures.

And for the record, in most places copying somebody else's MOC for use in your own work isn't something that's looked upon too highly, hence Thunder-Blade's hesitation.
- Aaron

I know that, the reason I'm not worried about it is that I just can't leave things alone, I have to modify it. I'm like "Hey, that piece should be there, this piece would look cool here, and I'm gonna add a whole lot to this corner here, etc." By the time I'm through with it it won't be too recognizable, it will have a lot more of my design than his. That's another reason I asked for just  more pics, because I'm not going to copy it I'm just going to use it as a base model, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, thanks again Thunder-blade, and my sincere apologies over my behavior.

deviantART | YouTube