Re: What was the last LEGO set you got?

It isn't a Lego set but I got this:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/HT30687lg.jpg
I must say this set sucked! It didn't even come with all the pieces. I DO NOT recommend buying Kreo!!!
EDIT: We are returning it tomorrow and exchanging it for LEGO mini/delirium

Last edited by Chiro (June 17, 2012 (11:03pm))

I want to get a kreo transformer and a exo-force set of bricklink and have them fight it out, the transformer getting minced....

We returned it and got this!
http://www.brickshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/rsz_8899-1.jpg
This is an amazing set and I love the minifigures! mini/delirium

That line bugged me with its heavy, heavy usage of stickers, but the minifigures were particularly good.

I agree, way too many stickers. One of my pet peeves with LEGOs is stickers haha. There are some instances where there okay I suppose.

Wow,  I didn't even notice all the stickers until Jargon pointed them out: there are a LOT of stickers.  I would be frustrated with all of those; I could never get the stickers to go on straight... mini/sad

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

Repelling Spider wrote:

I agree, way too many stickers. One of my pet peeves with LEGOs is stickers haha. There are some instances where there okay I suppose.

THEY DRIVE ME MAD! You put them on, they're crooked, and then they peel off after a while.

Though, the one thing I DO like about them is the fact that you have the option to toss then in the rubbish and never actually put them on, which I usually do. It tends to make stuff cooler, and sleek, plus it alows them to be more easily stored with other stuff.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

...and then they peel off after a while.

Most of my older stickers have dried up and started to flake off.  This has happened to stickers that are six years old and older.
The only way to get the flakes off my hand is to wash them off.  And the stickers don't come off without it breaking into flakes.

There's a whole bunch of parts with flaking stickers on my table, mostly parts from old (2005) Lego City sets (and a few parts from a 2006 Batman set).

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I really have not minded the stickers in the past. I mean, they're silly, but I don't get angry at them.

Hey, I just thought of this!! Next time I get a lego set with stickers I am going to cover it with varnish or clear nail polish or something! I have a feeling that that would work real well. (Of course it's not considered "purist" but I am most definitely not a purist. Before I started brickfilming I did sooo much mixed-media customization. Which I'd rather not share because I was pretty bad at it.)

EDIT: oh yeah and decals and stuff mini/smile

@Minifig051: I have set's with stickers on them from the mid 90"s and their not pealing off.

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

ghostofmrsdaystudios wrote:

@Minifig051: I have set's with stickers on them from the mid 90"s and their not pealing off.

Hmm...
It might have something to do with my stickers being exposed to the sunlight every day (need to finish organizing).

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Sunlight exposure, play usage, shelf wear, etc. can all contribute to the condition of the stickers. Ultimately, they're a cheaper alternative that requires a trade-off in quality.

Has anybody bought the new LOTR sets? I'm planning on buying some soon, and I'd like to know what they're like so far. I've also seen them recently in Barnes & Noble, behind the counter prepared to be selled (they sell LEGO sets at the Barnes & Noble I go to) and they look pretty awesome.

Last edited by Tobias (June 27, 2012 (08:25pm))

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

LEGO was very shrewd in the way they spread the various members of the Fellowship of the Ring across the line.

I have seen the Shelob set and the Gandalf arrival set. (Different friends have them). They seem pretty decent. Come with some good accessories and parts. I like the new horses and Shelob doesn't seem so bad either, it'd be fun to animate. Go for it Tobias, but if you film don't be limited to LOTR for stories. mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

1011Ev wrote:

I have seen the Shelob set and the Gandalf arrival set. (Different friends have them). They seem pretty decent. Come with some good accessories and parts. I like the new horses and Shelob doesn't seem so bad either, it'd be fun to animate. Go for it Tobias, but if you film don't be limited to LOTR for stories. mini/wink

I just really want to get some of them for my collection and I also haven't built in a while. Although I've been thinking of recreating one of the scenes from The Return of the King and these sets would help. But I'm not sure about it yet, as the scene I have in mind might be too hard for me to recreate.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png

Tobias wrote:

Has anybody bought the new LOTR sets? I'm planning on buying some soon, and I'd like to know what they're like so far.

Sweet, awesome, amazing, like a dream come true, Ect....

I have them all, (But haven't built "Mines" yet) and I can honestly say that I LOVE them. They not only have great prints on the figures, but most of the sets are walls/buildings that have great parts for brickfilming. The only downside is the slightly high price for all the ones over $30, but that's why I waited for a sale. (Shelob, Gandalf, and Uruk-Hai Army are all good for the price IMHO, especially Uruk-Hai army.)

If you have any questions about them, just ask, they're displayed on a shelf about ten feet away from the computer, so I can look at them very easily.  mini/wink

Alrighty, I bought a LEGO LOTR set. I decided to start with a smaller one and the one that looked pretty awesome, so I bought this one:
http://toysnbricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/LEGO-Lord-of-the-Rings-9469-Gandalf-Arrives-Toysnbricks.jpg

I love it. All of the cool, small things are awesome and great for animating. But the carriage is just lovely. I love the details and the design. I also like how if you sit Gandalf in it, he doesn't sit in the middle, but he can only sit on the sides of the seat; and I haven't actually seen that in sets like this. One small thing though is Gandalf's staff. I mean it's really just a stick, so I hope once some sets with Gandalf the White come out, his staff will be better. Otherwise it's a great set, and I'd recommend it to any collector of LEGO sest like me. I will definitely buy some more LOTR sets over the Summer.

YouTube | Twitter 

This set. I plan on using it soon for a film.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Heroes-Batwi … ego+Batman
I am planning to get that ^ around this week, I need it for my first episode of the Face of Gotham, then I will get the Two-Face Chase one for the episode after that then sometime I will get the Batcave. I will also try to get the Catwoman chase set thingy, does anyone know anymore Lego Superhero Batman Sets?