Re: Guess the Film! (Game)

Mickey wrote:
PushOverProductions wrote:

In fourth grade, my teacher made us watch this creepy, awful, creepy, dark, creepy, weird anime movie called "Spirited away".  It had nothing to do with what we were learning and it was horrific. I knew nothing about anime at the time and its weirdness took me completely off guard. I had nightmares for months after that.

I saw parts of that movie years ago, when I was 6, I think. It creeped the crap out of me, and I didn't really want to eat anything for the next few days. Apparently, it's Roger Ebert's favourite animated film...

And sadly, I've seen Bakshi's Lord of the Rings. It's quite hard to believe that Jackson based his magnificent trilogy off of this doggie doo.

Spirited Away is a very interesting, but at the same time great film IMO. Sure, the whole parents-turn-into-pigs sequence is...well, I wasn't very excited at first either. But it's actually quite an honored anime film, which I wasn't aware of when seeing it. It is partly very frightening, but the animation is amazing, and the creatures in the film are very innovative.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Tobias wrote:
Mickey wrote:

In fourth grade, my teacher made us watch this creepy, awful, creepy, dark, creepy, weird anime movie called "Spirited away".  It had nothing to do with what we were learning and it was horrific. I knew nothing about anime at the time and its weirdness took me completely off guard. I had nightmares for months after that.

I saw parts of that movie years ago, when I was 6, I think. It creeped the crap out of me, and I didn't really want to eat anything for the next few days. Apparently, it's Roger Ebert's favourite animated film...

And sadly, I've seen Bakshi's Lord of the Rings. It's quite hard to believe that Jackson based his magnificent trilogy off of this doggie doo.

Spirited Away is a very interesting, but at the same time great film IMO. Sure, the whole parents-turn-into-pigs sequence is...well, I wasn't very excited at first either. But it's actually quite an honored anime film, which I wasn't aware of when seeing it. It is partly very frightening, but the animation is amazing, and the creatures in the film are very innovative.

Class actually ended in the middle of the movie, so I was left with A girl who has pigs for parents, stuck in a building full freaky spirits who wanted her dead.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Tobias wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Class actually ended in the middle of the movie, so I was left with A girl who has pigs for parents, stuck in a building full freaky spirits who wanted her dead.

Haha, your reaction is understandable if that's the case. mini/XD
I wasn't really much of a fan of the film when we started watching it in class either (I saw in class as well actually); you just need to sort of have an open mind and think about it a lot. The film definitely did a good job on scaring children though.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Out of curiousity, both Pushover and JohnDthunder, did you watch the english dub or the with subtitles?

Willco66 wrote:

Out of curiousity, both Pushover and JohnDthunder, did you watch the english dub or the with subtitles?

I saw it in English.

The one I watched had subtitles.
Any guesses for the frame...?

Bakshi's version of LOTR can be pretty enjoyable - with a few modifications.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

No guesses at all?  Here's a hint...
World War II

I dunno,

"The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe"?
*Some kids are evacuated from London during WWII because of the German bombers.
*They are forced to live with their mean...Grandma?
*The go inside a cabinet they weren't supposed to open and end up in Narnia.

Last edited by PushOverProductions (October 25, 2013 (09:18am))

Nope, sorry, good guess though.  If no one gets it soon I guess I'll just let someone post a new one so the thread doesn't die for a while, as it always does.

I think maybe my sister watched this, but I didn't stay for it. I remember that though. Um... Can't remember the name...

I dunno,

*Some kids are evacuated from London during WWII because of the German bombers.
*They are forced to live with their mean...Grandma?
*The go inside a cabinet they weren't supposed to open and end up in Narnia.

Also, kids from cities like London where evacuated and sent to random people in the countryside. They didn't have a choice and it was to keep the kids safe from the bombs. The people in the countryside had an incentive because they got extra rations.

Here we go, a wild guess:

Inglorious !@#$%^&*
Directed by Mr. Tarantino
Released in 2009
Won an Oscar for best performance (Cristoph Waltz)

Willco66 wrote:

Also, kids from cities like London where evacuated and sent to random people in the countryside. They didn't have a choice and it was to keep the kids safe from the bombs. The people in the countryside had an incentive because they got extra rations.

Right. I don't know about the rations part though....everyone had to provide their own food from my understanding. Stores were still selling things and businesses keep running. For example, this milkman is delivering milk even in the middle of the rubble.

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/PushOverProductions/Photos%20for%20posting%20on%20forums/london_milkman_zps38a93e61.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong though.

ANYWAYS, I a bit off-track.

Is it, "The Dairy of Anne Frank"?
Its about a girl who escapes from the holocaust
Also a book
There is a couple films made based off of it

I haven't seen this film and don't know much about it, so I may have given a few false facts.

Inglorious !@#$%^&*

Nope, sorry.  I don't know if you all want to keep guessing or not...anyway, here's another hint:
World War II, The University of Munich.

"The Dairy of Anne Frank"?

Also no.  I guess you get another hint:
World War II, The University of Munich, foreign film with English subtitles.

Last edited by JonnDthunDer (October 25, 2013 (02:49pm))

Sophie Scholl – The Final Days

Based of a woman in a anti-Nazi non-violent resistance group called the White Rose

Directed by Marc Rothemund

Won two awards at Berlin Film Festival in 2005

Willco66 wrote:

Right. I don't know about the rations part though....everyone had to provide their own food from my understanding. Stores were still selling things and businesses keep running. For example, this milkman is delivering milk even in the middle of the rubble.

Yeah, but everyone was issued with a ration book and got stamps that they turned in for food. If you got sent to the country you brought your ration books with you.

Is the movie about a teenager and her friends who tried to publish fliers against Hitler's propaganda and it didn't work and they got killed?

Sophie Scholl – The Final Days

YES, that's it! 
Nice work, your turn...

I don't really know how to post a image.

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … -pictures/

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions