Re: BRAWL 2021

BertL wrote:

THAC is a quick 24-hour death. BRAWL is suffering for a week!

ikr

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

can't wait

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

What's everyone doing to prepare for BRAWL?

I'm discovering that my desk is very wobbly.

I've been doing some small animation tests, and apart from that I'm realizing that while I now have more bricks, having absolutely no organization is far from ideal. Outside of "this tub has minifig stuff, this tub has bricks" it's all jumbled up, and I have very large half-broken down sets lying all over the place. I'm considering sorting it out a lil more, but it's also daunting.

BertL wrote:

THAC is a quick 24-hour death. BRAWL is suffering for a week!

Hehe mini/devil lol

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

BertL wrote:

I've been doing some small animation tests, and apart from that I'm realizing that while I now have more bricks, having absolutely no organization is far from ideal. Outside of "this tub has minifig stuff, this tub has bricks" it's all jumbled up, and I have very large half-broken down sets lying all over the place. I'm considering sorting it out a lil more, but it's also daunting.

Sorting is always worth it. Daunting to be sure, but worth it.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:
BertL wrote:

Sorting is always worth it. Daunting to be sure, but worth it.

I agree. My Lego is sorted by color. But minifig stuff, animals, and accessories are in one bin. Also wheels, tires, and cars bodies have their own bin.

"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I wish that BRAWL was the week after the week it is because the 4th of July is on the second day. mini/sad

Have fireworks in your animation studio!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

BertL wrote:

Sorting's always daunting. I just try to do one bin at a time mini/smile

2x4 studios wrote:

I wish that BRAWL was the week after the week it is because the 4th of July is on the second day. mini/sad

Yeah, I'll be away for almost the entirety of BRAWL mini/sad

I leave for a camp on saturday. When I come back, BRAWL will be 2 days in. I haven't animated anything in like 2 months. I'll probably have to work a few times that week. It's not looking like my entry will be any good, but I'll see what I can do.

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

I have an idea, now only if the theme would happen to work with it.

Puskov wrote:

Unfortunately I probably won't get much done that day. The whole street is going to do fireworks. And even if I didn't go out, I plan on doing pre-production that day and I don't think I would be able to write a script with fireworks going off every 5 seconds!

Last edited by Owen Garcia (June 23, 2021 (07:03am))

2x4 studios wrote:

I have an idea, now only if the theme would happen to work with it.

Puskov wrote:

Unfortunately I probably won't get much done that day. The whole street is going to do fireworks. And even if I didn't go out, I plan on doing pre-production that day and I don't think I would be able to write a script with fireworks going off every 5 seconds!

Maybe, but it would be an explosive livestream!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

I need a pajama-pants pattern of this logo.

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

I would buy that.

Ditto.

I thought I was going to miss BRAWL this year because of last year uni stuff; so glad to see I'm still in with a chance to enter. My 'studio' is currently being used to store boxes at the moment though...

JAJ Productions/Fruitcake Films
YouTube Vimeo Website

'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding' - Proverbs 3:5

I am currently testing my software and making slight adjustments to my setup. I really hope the idea I have fits the theme (or can be easily changed to fit it)!
Better to deal with software now than during BRAWL at 6:00 in the morning!

17.5 more hours left until BRAWL 2021 starts!