Re: Lego WWI Battle of the Somme Production Log
The plasticine wasn't really affected by the water, if anything it just made it more mouldable and perhaps helped to emphasise things like the footprints of the minifigures. So no, it didn't make the plasticine sticky, although the plasticine itself can be a bit hard to remove from Lego bricks, which is why I had most of the plasticine on a layer of tin foil. However, it does not leave a residue of any kind (or at the very very least nothing that won't come of with a tiny bit of scrubbing).
In terms of how good it is for animating on, it is actually very good. It's 'sticky' enough so that the minifigures can attach their feet to it or their back if they're supposed to be sliding down the plasticine (which you will see quite a bit of in the final thing when I manage to finish it. I'll definitely be using it in the future, and it will work for anyone who wants to do stuff with plasticine, even like the sort of things Brotherhood Workshop used to do with his LOTR stuff. I think the only downside with it is when you first use it it can be a bit hard to mould it, especially if you need a thin layer of it. Oh, and if you want to use it in a landscape as big as mine (which was 112 studs long form one trench to the other and 96 studs wide - yes, this was all animated on one giant set ), then you are going to need A LOT of this plasticine.
For those of you who are interested, the plasticine I used is from a company called Newplast (the same place that Aardman Animations gets their plasticien from), and I used both the brown and dark brown plasticine that they sell. I could go on and on about how good their stuff is, but instead I have a link to this website page which goes more in-depth.
I hope this helps a lot of people