Re: BRAWL 2016 Production Topic

9-13 scenes done. Gonna finish the rest today and start editing and adding the voices in.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Just finished my last tricky shot. Everything that I have left to film should be pretty simple.

Almost done with my third scene... out of 11. It's going to be tight. Various technical difficulties out of my control really slowed me down this week.

I just have like 4 more major-ish scenes to shoot, and then a few more that are basically nothing, so I think I'm doing decent. Probably gonna have to pull an all nighter to get this beast edited, though. It's gonna be a tad bit of a thing to edit it all, but I'm confident I got this thang!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Finished shooting tonight and I'll be getting a rough edit together tonight before I go to bed.

Got about a minute of animation down and heading into the final scene. Feeling confident but still pulling an all-nighter to play it safe. Should have a good space of time left tomorrow to edit.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

My first all-nigher since THAC. And I didn't even prepare for it (like, ya know, getting extra sleep earlier). It's 4am, I have the majority of the movie filmed, now I have to completely re-construct my set (it basically got destroyed during filming as always) so I can film the first scene.... yay.

EDIT 6:16AM: I finished. The footage may be junk so I need to look at it after some sleep. Goodnight world.

Last edited by rioforce (July 23, 2016 (03:17am))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I might be able to finish today if I really push. Either way, it definitely will not be my best work...at least I'll know better how to go about making an entry next year.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

I'm almost done! I'm just waiting for lines from Jargon, tweaking the audio, and finishing up a couple remaining scenes.

So 2:30 hours left of the contest, I still have 6 out of 13 scenes left to edit, audio to edit, a few quick lines to record, music, and sound design. So I won't be finishing.

Spoiler (click to read)

I finished animation for 13 scene's though... mini/tongue

At least on the bright side I'll be coming out with a 8+ minute film soon, and that I learned I should never write a long script for a contest like this again. mini/blankexpression mini/smile

Good luck to you all.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Just woke up from a nap, I was too sleep deprived and low on time to finish. I began cutting scenes and shots towards the end but I decided to call it when I realized I had the 3 ending scenes still untouched with only a few hours away. It's a shame because I know that if I hadn't had those technical issues in the earlier days it would have meant me likely finishing no problem.

And so it was we entered with a week of time to spare,
Little did they know our big dreams would cause despair,
For too long a Brickfilm in such a short time,
Causes us to lose any kind of bedtime,
Finish? I don't know if we can,
Why does BRAWL have to be so hard, maaaaaaannnnn?

Disclaimer: Am still tired. I don't know where that came from but it sounded good in my head.

I didn't manage to send in my entry in time...and also realized that I had uploaded the wrong video...(courtesy of a strange iKitMovie glitch; I'm still not sure what happened). My own stupid silly fault.
As this had been my first time participating in BRAWL, I didn't know quite what to expect, and so didn't budget my time very well. Oh well, it's was still fun to try to make a video within a short time limit.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Congrats to all the BRAWL winners!