Re: Septemberfest 2015: Production Topic

I've gotten more animation done and will hopefully get a lot more done tomorrow. About 65% done. I feel like I'm really behind mini/confused

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Smocktopus wrote:

I've gotten more animation done and will hopefully get a lot more done tomorrow. About 65% done. I feel like I'm really behind mini/confused

Don't give up bro! For the Darkness and Light challenge., I created mostly the script, animation, and effects all in a month's time.  mini/smile

Making Motion  Youtube

Headpods wrote:
Smocktopus wrote:

Don't give up bro! For the Darkness and Light challenge., I created mostly the script, animation, and effects all in a month's time.  mini/smile

I did it in 2 hours. mini/wink

Also, I stopped procrastinating and started animating. Totally using the tripod correctly.
http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t619/Unctuously/4fe7313f-f27b-48c8-a314-9ecfac08de77_zpsr60par6w.jpg

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

Interesting way to shoot that, Rivvm. I've actually got that same tripod, and I was surprised, after several years of ignoring it, how good a piece of work it is. You can get some pretty smooth shots with it, and it took me way to long to realize all the different orientations you could put it in. I just ended up losing the arm for it so I'm trying to see if I can find someone online who'll sell just that to me.

In other news, possibly planning on pulling a last minute clutch entry for this contest, but we'll see...

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

The first bit will be kind of fast since I'm not completely used to 17 fps, but I've adjusted my walk cycle and I'm gonna take more frames for the dialogue mini/smile

Smocktopus wrote:

The first bit will be kind of fast since I'm not completely used to 17 fps

I haven't heard of someone using that framerate before.

Normally I'm all for DARE TO BE DIFFERENT, but strange framerates are likely to cause stuttering motion issues on streaming sites like YouTube that aren't built to handle non-standard framerates.

Also, the math wouldn't work out very well for audio sync reasons.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I have to use a calculator to figure out the exact number of frames needed for each piece of dialogue, then I write it down on a post-it note then, when I'm animating, I use a counting app to take the right amount of frames. Also, Youtube has had no problems with my videos so far.

I've been hit with some inspiration for the contest and have just placed a Bricklink order. Hopefully I can film quickly and make it in time.

Currently very tempted to jump in and make a film last minute.

Just animated 80 frames and about 4 seconds. This is gonna be a great contest. mini/smile

If you're considering jumping in at the last moment, DO IT.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I have a cold so now I don't wanna animate. I'll try to finish it soon, though. UPDATE: My cold's gone now so I'll try animating some tomorrow mini/smile

Last edited by Smocktopus (October 16, 2015 (07:26pm))

I've gotten a lot of animating done and if I hurry I might even get it done today mini/smile

Due to various complications on the way and several weekends (the only time I really have to animate) spent being entirely busy, I was unable to get enough animation done to be able to finish in time. Big apology to the voice actors who put a great deal of effort into recording, just know that it was very difficult for me to finally admit defeat. Good luck to everyone who is able to enter, I'm looking forward to watching the entries.

You can still make it, just not as an entry

Started filming.

*checks date*

Wish me luck.

sillypenta wrote:

Started filming.

*checks date*

Wish me luck.

Well if Horace and Horace's Day Out taught us anything, it's that a last minute entry can be pretty awesome. Good luck, man.

Thank you! This one is in a bit of a different vein but hopefully still fun.

Just finished animating!