Re: The Animation Challenge

Hey Guys, here is my official entry for Breaking Boards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPvu4YFQ0-A

PaceStudios; Brickfilms Done Right
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PaceStudios2012
PunBB bbcode test

I first want to thank everyone for entering.  I have short comments for all the entries, and I hope they don't offend anyone as all the entries were enjoyable.

Now, without further ado, the winner is . . .

LMD, your entry was very smooth, and I liked the debris and how the angle of the hit affected the landing of the pieces, Congratulations!

Here are the rest of the entries in no particular order.

Lego Dave your actual breaking of the board was a bit choppy and simple, there wasn't any debris or anything after the break.  Mad respect for breaking a lego piece though!

Pace Studios, you made a fun video, but there was no actual board breaking.

Undershadow Productions, this was pretty well done, I liked the bit of debris, but it was just a bit choppy.

Rafael, I liked your two different takes, but it just seemed pretty similar to some previous ones.

Mosh, the jump and spin move were a nice addition, along with the Johnny Thunder minifigure.  I was a good job, but I felt some more pieces could have been added when Johnny gets hit with the other board as it hits him and then the ground.

Rioforce, your entry was a bit choppier than your usual animation, but you did put it together quickly.  I also thought that it could have had something else to jazz it up a bit.

Pritchard, I liked your different takes, but the actual breaking of the boards could have been a bit more interesting than just one piece becoming two.

Thanks again for entering everybody!  Can't wait to hear what you have for us next LMD!

Great job everybody!
I love the number of entries this round, feels just like good ole days.
And LMD's victory was very well deserved. Congratulations.

Well done to all who entered, lets try and really get The Animation Challenge off the ground again ---- Its a cool set up and nice to have a challenge to drop in and out of on a weekly basis.

Thanks for your comments Greenshirt - I had a spare skateboard, so thought it was worth the sacrifice, a bit drastic I know.......You're right, a bit of debris would have been good.
Looking forward to the next Challenge LMD and Congrats on your win!

DNAnimation

Thanks so much, Greenshirt! I've never entered the animation challenge before and winning is an honour mini/bigsmile

The next challenge is Zero Gravity and the deadline is July 19

This will be a challenge, but I'm in for a challenge. I wasn't able to participate in the last one because I wasn't at my house all last week when the challenge started.  mini/blankexpression

Last edited by The Motion Hero (July 14, 2015 (08:05am))

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Totally excited for this Challenge! Gonna get started right away!

PaceStudios; Brickfilms Done Right
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PaceStudios2012
PunBB bbcode test

This will be challenging, but also sounds like fun.

I'm glad to see some are entering already mini/smile

This is an interesting challenge - but just a quick question - should the zero gravity effect be completely animated in camera as opposed to just moving things about against a green screen?

DNAnimation

I'd prefer no green screen. I would like the effect to be done in camera with masking allowed.

That's good - thanks

DNAnimation

I forgot to state, though masking is allowed, it's not necessary.

No entries yet?

I will, just will be putting it all together tomorrow, dont have alot of time....

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (01:38pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

No you didn't.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

There's 24 hours left.

well, here it is, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DUs3R6mwc
I didnt have time to edit it much or mask.... and didnt turn out quite how I wanted....

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:34pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick