Re: The Animation Challenge

Isn't that Vega zyro?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Tims Videos wrote:

Isn't that Vega zyro?

It is indeed. I had her lying around from the main project I'm working on, so I figured "why not?" mini/wink

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Having the character back up was a nice detail Brickcrazy. I think the pause after the backing up needed some movement-like breathing. That second or two seemed out of place. Nice job.

Jared

The winner of this animation challenge is... Rioforce I really liked your entry, especially the second jump animation.
You eased in and out very well on the slope of the jump.

Brickcrazy- your entry was very good. I felt like right when he jumps everything seems to speed up without easing. But other than that it was great.

Pritchard- your entry was cool. I really liked the landing and how he kinda skids to a stop

LegoDave- your entry was unique. I liked how you tried to give you entry a slo motion effect. The camera movement was a little choppy and the animation could have been better.

Harbor light- you entry was good, but the jump wasn't really a jump it kinda looked kinda like he walked off into the opposite ledge (no offense)

Last edited by soupmanjack (August 25, 2015 (05:47pm))

Congratulations Rioforce! I look forward to seeing what the next challenge is.

I have to say, I really liked Brickcrazy's entry too, and not just the jump. The lighting was on-point.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

That why he's on the top.

When I judged I put them in order from best to worst

Last edited by soupmanjack (August 26, 2015 (03:03pm))

I am unsure of what y'all want to animate, so I suppose the next challenge will be

Animating constraction figures (Bionicle, Hero Factory, Knight's Kingdom, etc). You can do anything, the more complex stuff the better. The deadline is August 31. Good luck, I hope many people participate!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

My Entry

My entry for this week takes shape in the form of  a normal car briefly revealing its true power......

https://youtu.be/LDYIctEp4bA

DNAnimation

My Somewhat Disappointing Entry...

All I can say is that animating constraction figures is hard! I definitely need more practice with it. I had to do and re-do all these clips a few times, and I'm still not 100% satisfied. Ah well. Either way, great challenge theme rioforce! Glad to see some competition in this thread again too. mini/wink

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:05pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn-yMzWL_8o
It's not the best it could be. The figures didn't pop very much so it'll look a bit u pleasing for the eye. The third one was pretty good in my opinion but the camera fell and I stopped from there. The tests after Aquaman's face were done before the announcement of the challenge so don't include them as entries (though I do prefer them). The ones before are all at 24 FPS, and as
If I win, I might be absent for deciding the topic so a moderator would have to help me do it.

Brickcrazy, I liked it a lot. A bit choppy but the movements are very natural. The lighting is very nice.

legodave1 The car was very smooth but slow, turning up the frame rate or having larger movements can be helpful.

Tim It's very short, but mine was too...

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Thanks for all the entries! It's good to see the animation challenge active.

And the winner is:

Brickcrazy! The entry was good, the movement was fluid and very natural. The walking, in my opinion, was a bit strange, because he sort of went really low to walk. Almost like a crouch, but that may have been stylistic preference. I know that lighting doesn't matter in this challenge, but I have to say, I really liked it.

Kd2000, your entry was also great. It was a bit choppy, with a lack of easing. A lot of the movements were quite fast as well, giving it a jittery look (which seems common for 24fps animations). The movements were good though, they were natural, and I like the poses you did. I especially like the first and third animations!

Legodave1, your entry was unique, and I like it. The dragon was very well animated. The movements were mostly fluid, but were also a bit jerky.

Tim, Your entry was quick and short, but it was good. The animation was jerky and choppy, and could have used some easing.

Thank you to everyone for your entries! I liked them all. Take it away, Brickcrazy! mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks rioforce! mini/smile

The next challenge is totaling an automobile!

No little scratches or itty bitty fender benders here, I want to see some serious car carnage! It doesn't matter how you do it, just so long as the car, truck, van, bus, etc. is at least reasonably destroyed in the end. Be creative and have fun with this. For instance, if the car hits an object, have both the car and the object take damage. The deadline for this challenge is Monday, September 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC47fjUh4x4
Sorry it's so fast. I'm still adjusting to 17 fps.

I dont actually see anything happen....

It explodes. As I said, I'm still trying to figure out 17 fps

How, and why, are you using 17 fps instead of 15, it makes no sense.

backyardlegos wrote:

For the longest time I used 16 then switched to 24.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

backyardlegos wrote:

Because I'm weird, okay?