Re: THAC XII - Coming January 2015!

I think I'm ready for the THAC challenge !

Worldwide Brickfilm Community : Brick à Brack

YouTube Channel : MBstudio
Twitter : @MBstudio_Movies

I just got new lights and a green screen. BRING IT ON.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I may have actually gotten my computer to work editing software after having it for almost a year, and it can render rather quickly, I might actually enter after all.  perhaps, perhaps not.

EDIT: Nope, definitely not.

Last edited by Squid (December 31, 2014 (12:25pm))

I'm really excited about THAC!  This is going to be the first time I've competed in it and I'm anxious to see everybody's entries!

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

I'm not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but, I'm really happy to see that we've gone back to using roman numerals for the THAC numbering! Going from X to 11 really became a pet peeve - and even prevented me from having enough motivation to finish an entry last year.

I'm really excited for THAC XII, and, have everything cleaned, sorted, and prepared. I can't wait. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Are we allowed to make more than one entry for THAC?

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

Wammy wrote:

Why would you want to? There is no way you could create two good entries in 24 hours.

Wammy wrote:

I'm really excited about THAC!  This is going to be the first time I've competed in it and I'm anxious to see everybody's entries!

Hey, this is my first THAC too. I look forward to competing with you and everybody else.

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Turns out my editing software doesn't work after all.  No THAC for me.

AquaMorph wrote:
Wammy wrote:

Why would you want to? There is no way you could create two good entries in 24 hours.

The rule has existed in previous THACs allowing you to do so, if I am correct.  Even if it's not really a good idea at all I always liked that we have been free to do so.

I remember one year someone made a backup film at the start so that if their main film failed they could still submit the first one and still have completed THAC, even if it was just a simple film.  I thought that was an interesting strategy.

Of course, it's likely wiser to focus on just one.

AquaMorph wrote:
Wammy wrote:

There is no way you could create two good entries in 24 hours.

This false. You can't say that. Sure its probably likely wammy that it couldn't happen, but it's not impossible.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Gentrystudios wrote:

This false. You can't say that.

But I did

AquaMorph wrote:
Gentrystudios wrote:

This false. You can't say that.

But I did

mini/eek

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Squid wrote:

I remember one year someone made a backup film at the start so that if their main film failed they could still submit the first one and still have completed THAC, even if it was just a simple film.  I thought that was an interesting strategy.

Of course, it's likely wiser to focus on just one.

That was me. It was 4-6 hours into THAC, by that time I'm usually done with the script and voice actors. However, I had yet to come up with a good idea. This concerned me, I was afraid I wouldn't finish THAC. So, as a backup, I made this film in less than two hours and submitted it as my "backup film" just so I could say I entered in the event I couldn't think of anything else.

I then spent the next two hours finishing a new script for my official entry. Problem was, I didn't really like it. And after filming the first shot with the lighting not quite right (it was similar to this film...). I thought, "I could finish this in time, but I'm just not feeling this film" and decided to fall on my backup film as my official entry.

So... you could say the backup entry worked? Unless someone is really hardpressed for ideas (like I was that year), I strongly discourage making more than one film. Also, if you do decide to do a "backup" make sure it'll take little time. Otherwise, you might as well make it your official entry.

I would also like to formally announce I'll be hosting THAC! The Two Hour Animation Contest! Wait...

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

I'm not saying its wise to do so, and I'm not necessarily encouraging it. But aqua, you can't just sit there and tell someone there is now way they can be creative and rip out two good entries. C'mon man, speak for yourself.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Gentrystudios wrote:

C'mon man, speak for yourself.

I'm pretty sure I am speaking for myself. People have a hard enough time making a good entry in 24 hours let alone two.

EDIT: Sorry if any rules were broken. Resume Discussion.

Last edited by Sonjira (December 31, 2014 (12:09pm))

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Please keep the discussion on topic and keep reaction GIFs out of this thread.

Yes, there is nothing in the rules preventing you from submitting more than one entry, though I do not recommend it in the slightest.

MotionHero2001 wrote:
Wammy wrote:

Hey, this is my first THAC too. I look forward to competing with you and everybody else.

For me it's the same ! ^^
I'm not alone to do my first THAC here...Cool...

Worldwide Brickfilm Community : Brick à Brack

YouTube Channel : MBstudio
Twitter : @MBstudio_Movies

Thac's in less than a week from now, need to get everything organized mini/blankexpression

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Can't wait! This will be my first THAC as I missed last year. Should be great fun!