Re: Cover That Song Contest

Glad to see this has been resurrected. Just as a side note I was actually supposed to head up the next one (#9 of these contests actually) way back when after The Duke couldn't do it but this is fine with me. I probably won't be able to enter though since I'm going off to orchestra camp Sunday through August 2. Good luck to everyone though!

[Schlockading Productions] [Point of No ReturnFlight 901Flight 901.5The Brick Zone]

C'mon guys, 9 days left and only one entrant?
Be daring, be bold!

3 days, people.

I just saw this. If everything goes well, I may have a half-hour to write and record tonight. These things have a history of extended deadlines...

Hurm...
I'd rather avoid extending the deadline and move on to a better song, so here is an in depth evaluation of all the entrants.
MB: I like the strong guitar, and the drum work is quite nice. It all fits together well with the lyrics in a creative way. The only thing I felt was a bit weak was the singing, at times it felt a bit strained.
And MB is the winner! What a competition!
Hopefully MB is better at choosing songs than I am. Post as soon as you can mini/smile

lol woop! woop!

Yeah, no-one likes my singing. I was a stupid choice for the singer in my band, lol.

I'll think of one asap...

yeah, good song MB. I'm no pro myself but I think you'll find success if you try to raise your eyebrows (in fact, your whole upper body) when you sing. It sounds like you're all bent over and so there's no resonance.

I was probably sat down, to be honest.

I am a classically trained singer, and I do a lot of musical theatre, but generally I don't feel like that singing style is appropriate for the sort of music I write. Maybe I'll give it a go though... and at least sing stood up mini/XD.