Re: New Stopmotion Software (free!)

tenny1028 wrote:

Why does chrome say that this file could harm my computer?

Because of the size I believe. It's too large for Chrome to scan, and it's not coming from a trusted source (ie: a website that anyone can edit freely that has none or very little verification.)

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

tenny1028, Apologies for the warning message. Kieren is correct. The new version of Chrome is very picky about files that it can't immediately identify, particularly .EXE files, which the .ZIP contains.

I'll be hosting the file on my site eventually, which (I hope) will make the message go away for Chrome users. In the meanwhile, I'm sure the application will pass any antivirus test you run on it. mini/wink

I have no antivirus software; I don't use my Windows machine much. Chrome just made a big deal about it. It explicitly used the word "will" in the message. Instead of saying that the file can harm my computer, it said that the file will harm my computer. Big difference.

Im sure its a false positive.  Firefox gave me no warning so I installed it and its done no harm to my pc so far.

Last edited by togfox (August 4, 2014 (04:09pm))

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

I haven't experienced any problems yet either. I actually ran the program before KB was able to reply. I just asked because I was wondering.

If you have particular concerns or just want to out your mind at rest Tenny, AVG have a pretty good and free anti-virus for Windows.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Ok guys you can stop talking about it. Frankly I don't care if my Windows gets infected with viruses... It is never used and I don't like the Windows operating system anyway. Everything I do is done on my Mac and my Linux, and all of my important stuff is on my Mac.

Should this be added to the "Recourse" section of BiM?

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

togfox, I was thinking I would have another iteration of the application up by the end of the day, but I'm making forward progress on the frame-import ability, and I think I'll delay releasing the next version until this is working properly. May take another day or so.

brickelodeon, I'd wait a bit before adding anything to the Resources section. I'll be releasing a few more versions here, so the link is going to change.

That Chrome malicious file warning... I think once I have the file hosted on my own site, then the message will go away. I know I'll get a million emails if it doesn't.

New version (1.2) is up. This version is my first iteration with an "import frames" feature.

You have the option to select a directory of frames, then set the name and image-number of new frames generated.

togfox, no pretty colors for the interface yet, but I believe I fixed that issue with the timeline not detecting cursor clicks.

Feedback welcome, as always.

D/l it.  No issues so far. 

I think this app might be my "go to" app for quick grabs and practice shots.  It's so lightweight its too easy to just launch it, grab a few practice shots and then review.  mini/smile

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

@Stopmotion Explosion
I just want to say I wouldn't be on this site today if I hadn't got your book "Learn Movie Making with Stop Motion Animation" for my birthday about 6 or 7 years ago. Thanks for changing my life! mini/wink