Re: BRAWL 2014 Update Thread!

Don't worry, pushover. I just started my script. I'm screwed, especially since this is planned to be my longest script so far.

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

I spent like fifteen minutes writing a second script.  I now have two scripts.

I kinda want to make both of them now.  That might be really hard, but I really want to do it.  That would be amazing.  The second one is really short, but I'm really liking it.

Squid wrote:

I spent like fifteen minutes writing a second script.  I now have two scripts.

I kinda want to make both of them now.  That might be really hard, but I really want to do it.  That would be amazing.  The second one is really short, but I'm really liking it.

Could I have one! mini/lol

Pretty stumped.  Lots of ideas, but none are appealing to myself.

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

Hmm...after deciding not to enter, I have a decent idea that should work for a short BRAWL entry just because of my limited time this week.
I may try and enter after all.

My camera broke.
Script is going well.
I hope I can still enter BRAWL.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

About to start recording dialogue. But, I just cut this bit out of the script:

USA:
I say we nuke them from orbit!

UK:
I say we spend centuries diplomatically negotiating.

RUSSIA:
I say we give them anti-aircraft weaponry to fire at innocent passenger jets.

Everyone turns to look at RUSSIA in silent shock.

RUSSIA:
Too soon?

I'm on fire....

YouTube
Max, She/They

I finally decided to enter, have come up with a list of ideas, but none of them grab me enough for me to consider making them. It's annoying, really. If i haven't come up with anything good in a few hours, I may have to forget entering

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Written part of my script and built a set.  I still need to refine my script somewhat, but hopefully it'll work out all right.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Going to start building my sets.  Finished a rough draft for my script and managed to draw sort of a storyboard just to give me some guidelines on how to build my sets.  Got to remember the Mod elements as well.

YouTube

I finished scripting, and I need voice actors.

Question, are pre-built sets alright to use?

Yes prebuilt sets are fine. Some believe it goes against the spirit of BRAWL, but quite a few people do use prebuilt sets and there is nothing in the rules about it!

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

Just make sure you have the mod-element somewhere mini/wink

I....I don't know why I just winked.

YouTube
Max, She/They

There's a whole lot of [FLORIDA] in my entry.

[FLOORRIDDAAA]

Last edited by LASF (July 20, 2014 (06:43am))

[FLORIDA] is love, [FLORIDA] is life.

Lucas wrote:

[FLORIDA] is love, [FLORIDA] is life.

[FLORIDA]

I haven't done anything besides building a character and brainstorming ideas for my film. It's going to be about photo development. Oowh.

I think i'll start a bit later i guess. I don't really need a script but once i'm done with it i might need voice actors.

signature

PushOverProductions wrote:

I took a break to watch a movie with my family.

Probably a bad idea, because now I am behind everyone else.

'
Same here. I will be writing all day today. And animating the rest of the week. mini/tongue

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I'm almost done with the script. I'll need voice actors, that might take until tomorrow. So I probably will make another short script and film it today just in case I don't finish this slightly bigger movie.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

WoutStopmotion wrote:

I haven't done anything besides building a character and brainstorming ideas for my film. It's going to be about photo development. Oowh.

That was one of my initial ideas.  But I couldn't see myself doing a story about or involving it.

Anyway, I think I can get away with only doing simple sets and keeping the script simple as well (it is a simple story), and if all goes according to plan I might even start animating tonight!

YouTube

How long are everyone's BRAWLs looking? Because I've written the first draft of mine and it's just two pages long. Not that I want to overstretch the story, but it seems a little short.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein