Re: Studio Names

jampot wrote:

Let me take thee on a journey through space and time.

Way back in the mists of time, in November of the year of our Lord two-thousand-and-seven I was vexed by a single problem. At my seat of learning, the school in which I was to spend the next five years, the education staff didst ask students if they had any abbreviations for their forenames. For instance, a Benjamin might become a Ben, while a Frederick might metamorphose into Fred. But they were all of them deceived.

For in the tutor group of 7C2, I was attempting to forge for myself a shorter forename, but my name is Jack, and already only a single syllable. I decided the only way was to remove a letter, and in that moment a nickname was created in the fires of jealous teenaged phases: one nickname to rule them all.

I become Jam.

I coincidentally happened to be listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeWQr3scW-s while reading your post and it made your story become the most epic thing ever. 

True story.

Anyway, as far as studio names go, I chose my name because I wasn't really sure what to call myself and this sounded fairly unique.  However, it has begun to really aggravate me of late.  I've wanted to change my name to Vertigo Studios for some time now, in homage to my character Mr Vertigo, who is my brickfilming mascot of sorts (even though I have yet to come up with a good story for him).  But for some reason YT won't let me change my username and instead created a separate account with that name for me, along with a billion Google+ pages.  I need to revamp my YT channel anyway, as it's always been sort of permanently incomplete, so I shall try, try again.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

I need to revamp my YT channel anyway, as it's always been sort of permanently incomplete, so I shall try, try again.

Try and try again.

mini/tongue

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

It's not my username, but mine is actually "Small Room Studios", which I used since 2004, when I built a music studio in the smallest room of my house.  I actually like the name, but I was in my 30s when I came up with it.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Rockydude411 Productions. mini/blankexpression

My username 'Jayem' or 'Jay Em' is just my two initials put together- J.M. I like this as a username, but not so much for a studio name. For the short live action films I made with a couple of friends, I used '73rd Take Productions', to make it clear that the films were made as a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously. I'd like a proper name for my future film making, and other creative endeavours- photography, art, design work, etc. And I'd like this to be a made up, 'nonsense' word to avoid any preconceptions, as Mike Oldfield did with albums such as Ommadawn and Amarok.

LASF wrote:

LegoAndStickfugs is forever my YouTube username.

And that's where you are wrong, my friend. The new YouTube allows you to change your username to your real name, or the name of your Google+ account. That's what I did before I quit.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:
LASF wrote:

And that's where you are wrong, my friend. The new YouTube allows you to change your username to your real name, or the name of your Google+ account. That's what I did before I quit.

Unfortunately the URL is set in stone. Mine, as far as I've been able to discern, will always be "https://www.youtube.com/user/SpiderSock".

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Mickey wrote:
LASF wrote:

Yes, I did do that, but my channel link address is forever www.youtube.com/user/legoandstickfigs.

That is true...

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

That is true...

It's unfortunate. mini/sad

I came up with Robotic Animations a little while back, due to loving robotics and programming, as well as animating. Plus I had made a robotics animation and was working on another one. And on top of all that, I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted my logo to like if I went with the name.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

Back in the olden days, I wanted to start making awesomez muviez!

The day was sunny and not too warm. I was sitting next to two of my best friends in a Boy Scout uniform at a baseball field. We were sitting near first base if I recall correctly. I wanted a studio name, and was coming up blank. I needed something strong sounding I guess.... A stone... Onyx, that'll work. The reason I thought of that was it was the stone on my dad's college ring. I'm not kidding. I needed something to describe Onyx... Black, no... I like Red. Yes, let's call it Red Onyx Studio. No, Productions, that sounds more broad. Red Onyx Productions. Home run for sure... Right...

The home team lost badly that day.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Well my username used to be the greatly original Legomoviemaker1...

Now my 'studio' name is Rock Your Boat Productions because it is a wee bit more flexible and also I like boats and err... rocks I guess

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator