Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Frozen

I, thought it had a very weak plot. I couldn't get attached to any of the characters. It was so boring,I couldn't even focus on watching it. Olaf was cool though.

jediknight1997 wrote:

Frozen
I, thought it had a very weak plot. I couldn't get attached to any of the characters. It was so boring,I couldn't even focus on watching it. Olaf was cool though.

I can't tell if you're joking.

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:
jediknight1997 wrote:

Frozen

I can't tell if you're joking.

I'm not.

Pride and Prejudice.

From my standpoint I'd give it a 2/5
From my moms standpoint 5/5

I think all Chick Flicks come up as "the same movie" at this point since everything has pretty much been done. Haven't seen any original Chick Flick movies since Brides Maids.

I know the movie is old but I'm betting there are movies that were created similar to this situation before and after. They just never took off.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

PushOverProductions wrote:
GEF wrote:

I had much of the same feelings. Literally every female I know who has watched this have made it one of their favorites, unfortunately I also liked it a lot, kinda shows how manly I am mini/frustrated.

Disney princess movies are for everyone, not just little girls. mini/madhead

In my case it was mainly because I had made fun of it a lot before seeing it, and then actually ended up liking it. So I had to face a lot of torment.

EDIT: @GEF Yeah, I felt the same way. But don't worry! If you listen to this song then you will feel like a man again!

Wow, what a song.

Rocky, I was not saying that Frozen should only be for girls, but it is hard for guys in general to come right out and say that they love a princess movie. It also does not help that I am a redneck farmer that has a reputation for disliking girly love movies.

CarrollFilms wrote:

Pride and Prejudice.
From my standpoint I'd give it a 2/5
From my moms standpoint 5/5
I think all Chick Flicks come up as "the same movie" at this point since everything has pretty much been done. Haven't seen any original Chick Flick movies since Brides Maids.
I know the movie is old but I'm betting there are movies that were created similar to this situation before and after. They just never took off.

This movie was made off an extremely famous book by Jane Austen, so it was really one of a kind. It just so happened, that a ton of other movies made since then have had similar plot outlines.

I like disney princess movies.

Are you secretly saying you wish you were a Disney princess?

Don't worry, you're not alone.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

CarrollFilms wrote:

Are you secretly saying you wish you were a Disney princess?

Yes

CarrollFilms wrote:

Don't worry, you're not alone.

Good to know.

The Taking Of Pelham 123

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
One of the better Marvel films.  Felt a lot like a direct 'Avengers' sequel, rather than a spin off, which is no bad thing.  It would be nice if Marvel would capitalise on cameos.  There were several moments where we could have seen Iron Man or The Hulk briefly show up.
My main criticism was its formulaic plot; it was a little clichéd, but with the amount of films released these days, it's kinda hard to avoid without alienating the mainstream audiences.

4/5

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

CarrollFilms wrote:

Some of the most famous works of art are ripoffs. Shakespeare was practically a thief.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Gravity

This is probably one of the best science fiction films I've ever seen.  I really love how it's in space and yet done so well.  It felt so real and believable.
I'm so, so happy that it didn't have any sound going through space, though they did add these little faint muffled sounds when the astronauts touched things as though you could hear what they heard through their suits.  The music also sounded really great.
There are a whole lot pf parts where they get really, really, really close to falling out into the abyss of space to slowly die of lack of oxygen, which is really scary.  This is seriously one of the scariest most intense movies I've ever seen.  It's also really frighting how the main character is horribly clumsy and usually has no idea what she is doing most of the time.

My only complaints is that the opening shot is something like ten minutes long, and it's really amazing, yes, however after they finally cut to the second shot of the film, I feel it cuts to the third shot way to quickly.  I feel like it should have eased into normal cutting.  Still, that first shot was amazing.
My last complaint would be that the main character opens an airlock twice in the film and holds onto the door of the airlock rather than the frame.  The air from inside the airlock is sucked out into space and the door is blown open violently while she is holding on, which nearly flings her out into space.  This is a pretty silly mistake to make, even for an an inexperienced clumsy astronaut, but she does it twice. .-.

Still, it's really good, really, really good.

Almost Home (2014)

This was the four-minute short animated film that was shown before Dreamworks' Mr. Peabody and Sherman. It was about an alien population looking for a new planet to colonize. I won't spoil the ending. But, I won't spoil the ending. Anyways, this short was absolutely hilarious, most of the jokes in this worked. My mom didn't know it was a short film, though. She just thought that Mr. Peabody and Sherman were watching television. mini/lol

9.5/10

Mr Peabody and Sherman (2014)

For my younger brother's 12th birthday, my family went to watch this. Hey, it could've been Rio 2.

I didn't know what to expect with this film. I had never watched the television show it was based on, and I had really low expectations after watching the trailer. But, I actually kinda liked it.

Since it is a Dreamworks animated film, one could only expect a lot of potty humor and flat jokes, as well as that one adult joke they stick in, ever so discreetly! Luckily, I was able to get one potty-joke-free Dreamworks movie, and that was Turbo. And it did have all of that (even if that one dirty joke got a quick laugh out of me), but besides all that, Mr. Peabody and Sherman really is a fun and delightful family film.

The animation is incredible, and the story is a lot smarter than the trailer suggested. It's got its cliches, but it isn't a simple "boy and dog go and travel through time" storyline. Just like The LEGO Movie isn't just a simple "LEGO minifigures must save the world, with LEGO Batman" movie, the plot is less by-the-numbers, and a lot more thought-out.

Like I said, my only gripes were that almost all the jokes fell flat (including Mr. Peabody's endless puns). And the dialogue was annoying, especially that of the kids ("You can't marry King Tut, his name rhymes with 'butt'!").

Mr. Peabody and Sherman isn't a film I would watch again, but I enjoyed it...at least, a little bit.

Max Butcher wrote:

Some of the most famous works of art are ripoffs. Shakespeare was practically a thief.

Spoiler (click to read)

Funny, they actually made a joke about that in this film, where Mr. Peabody writes all the plays, and gives them to Shakespeare, so he can take the credit.

There are actually a lot of historical nods and jokes in this film. Mostly in

Spoiler (click to read)

Mr. Peabody's montage, leading up to where he finds a baby Sherman in an alleyway (glasses and all).

7.5/10

Last edited by Mickey (April 12, 2014 (07:58am))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mulholland Dr.

I like Roger Ebert's take on this, theorizing that the whole film could be compared to a dream. A very strange, chilling movie with some excellent performances and a really great soundtrack by Angelo Badalamenti. To me, the most interesting thing about this film when watching was how engaging and compelling the whole thing actually was. The tension of the film felt very real; I had to look up from the screen a couple times to remind myself where I was. I think this was mostly caused by those very long shots that would sort go ahead of the characters and approach a corner of a wall, making the audience afraid of seeing what's beyond, most notably in the first Winkie's scene.

This movie is both similar to and different from Twin Peaks. In Twin Peaks, the protagonist lives in the normal, real world and is trying to enter the strange one that might provide him with answers. In here, the protagonists are living in the real, normal world as well, but they are afraid of a strange side of their world which they slowly start entering. Basically, this film is pretty much two hours and 27 minutes of the Black Lodge, which is fantastic.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Mickey wrote:

Almost Home (2014)

This was the four-minute short animated film that was shown before Dreamworks' Mr. Peabody and Sherman. It was about an alien population looking for a new planet to colonize. I won't spoil the ending. But, I won't spoil the ending. Anyways, this short was absolutely hilarious, most of the jokes in this worked. My mom didn't know it was a short film, though. She just thought that Mr. Peabody and Sherman were watching television. mini/lol

I thought this as well... mini/tongue  But at first I thought we were in the wrong room. mini/lol

Fight Club

This was heavy.

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (April 12, 2014 (10:45am))

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Accidental second post, sorry.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

GEF wrote:
PushOverProductions wrote:

Disney princess movies are for everyone, not just little girls. mini/madhead

In my case it was mainly because I had made fun of it a lot before seeing it, and then actually ended up liking it. So I had to face a lot of torment.

EDIT: @GEF Yeah, I felt the same way. But don't worry! If you listen to this song then you will feel like a man again!

Wow, what a song.

This song is very manly

StarStruck
really bad script. Except for one scene which was EXtremely powerful and I liked very much. It was the scene when she is talking to the news reporter outside her house, but I can't find a clip of it on youtube or anything. The rest of it was pretty weak I guess.

Accidental Duplicate Post

Last edited by HoldingOurOwn (April 13, 2014 (10:35am))

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."