Re: What was the last movie you watched?

There Will Be Blood
Daniel Day-Lewis is amazing, he completely transformed himself for this role: one of the best performances I've seen by a male actor. The soundtrack is great too, definitely helped shape the movie into what it is, probably more than anything else (except for Day-Lewis, maybe).
May not be a perfect movie, but it's definitely worth watching it multiple times. 4.5/5

Iron Man
The beginning of the series. I remember when I saw this in the theatre. Umm... I don't know much 'bout this movie, other than it's AWESOME. It's got Robert downy Jr. as Tony stark. Gwyneth Paltrow as pepper pots. And Jeff Bridges as Obadiah stane (stain maybe... IDK). The story of how tony stark became the "Iron Man". 5/5

Iron Man 2
Don't know when I got this, but it's great, not as good as the first on though. Robert downy Jr. is Tony Stark again, Gwyneth Paltrow is pepper again, but this time the main villain is Ivan vanco, a russian physicist. I'm not getting into the plot, but if you haven't seen it yet, watch it. end of line. 4.8/5

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I saw Hotel Transylvania. The movie itself was not very good, suffered from bad storyline and voice acting, but otherwise it was alright. The animation is what really made the movie for me, it was so well done like wow

I kept forgetting it was CGI because the animation was so expressive and loose and cartoony and wow and it was really admirable

The timing/pacing/whatever felt very much like a Butch Hartman cartoon, so I felt it didn't really fit the movie format very well. Too much stuff going on at every single moment as far as the sound and jokes go.

OVERALL IT FELT LIKE WATCHING A FEATURE LENGTH CARTOON, WHICH WAS COOL BUT THE MORALS WERE SO FORCED AND DISGUSTING SO YEAH IT KIND OF GOT RUINED

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Salt
A pretty cool agent gone rogue movie. Also the beauty of Angelina Jolie helps a lot mini/smile I'd take any Bourne movie over this though.

Drag Me To Hell
A movie which has a few good scares (mostly because of SFX) but overall it doesn't deliver. Sam Raimi's best work was "The Evil Dead" trilogy and it seems he's been losing it ever since. Sad...

Unstoppable
Oh man this is one of the action masterpiece's of Tony Scott's (R.I.P.). I was always a big fan of his work, especially after "Man on Fire", I luv the way his movies are edited, I love the action and of course I'm a big fan of Denzel who happened to star in a lot of Tony's movies.

Collateral
Probably my favorite Tom Cruise movie. He's such a sociopath in this, I loved it. I didn't like Jamie Foxx's performance though, kinda ruined it for me a little.

This Means War
I guess for an action comedy it's pretty good, the cast is great (at least) and it has some funny parts so I would recommend watching it. You're not gonna be blown away but you'll probably be entertained.

Skyfall
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised by this film, it pretty much does most of the things right that Quantum got wrong. The plot from the villain felt actually important, the villain felt a lot more threatening, and of course the cameraman wasn't having a seizure half the time. Don't get me wrong, the film does use a bit of shaky-cam, but it's not at all too often and when used you can still tell what's going on. In fact there was some pretty nice cinematography in this.
The climax of the film was really engaging and epic as well (I hate to use that word but that's all I could think of).
In short, both a great Bond film and a great action film that I really recommend watching.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Turner & Hooch (1989)
I liked this movie, it wasn't bad at all.
Though, it was a bit sad when

Spoiler (click to read)

Hooch died.

Well, I got around to watching those Lord of the Rings prequels that everyone's talking about.

The Hunt for Gollum (2009)

Pretty good. I disagree with Pritchard's opinion of Patrick O'Connor's portraying of Gandalf, though. I think it looked fine. I found it going a little boring at times, though. It was basically fight scene after fight scene after fight scene. But, it grew slow at times. I still liked it though.

8.6/10

Born of Hope (2009)

I liked this one a lot better. Probably because it was longer, there was more going on, and there was a larger cast. I was very intrigued by the idea of how Aragorn came to be, and a view of his father's life.

9/10

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Wreck-It Ralph

Goodness I love this movie. It's pretty much perfect. I'm really glad they were mostly creative and didn't just make it video game references the whole time. The whole movie was flawless and yeah it's really great and everyone should see it

It's emotional and funny and visually great and the animation's really nice and expressive and everything is just done so good and the plot twists are great and the ideas and and and yeah! It's super great.

Also, Paperman was amazing. It's beautiful and great and auygh it's so good

Basically everyone needs to see Wreck It Ralph. Both it and Paperman are just too good hauuuggh

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Wreck-It-Ralph (2012)

I enjoyed this film a lot. But, I think I liked the short film better than the actual movie. mini/tongue

Wreck-It-Ralph: 9/10
Paper Man: 10/10

The Dark Knight (2008)

I re-watched this, for the sake of TDKR coming out in a few weeks. I would say this one is the best of the trilogy, but I haven't seen the last one yet.

10/10

The Avengers

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

TED

Hilarious. Seth MacFarlane is awesome.

End Of Watch

Sweet movie. I'm a big fan of "Training Day" so this was a sweet piece of candy for me. Great performance by the whole cast.

Taken
Liam Neeson at his best mini/smile

The Grey
Wolves don't act like that in real life but hey it's a movie mini/lol  the cinematography was epic though.

Haywire
An ambitious film which tries and fails hard. It gave me the feeling that it was "unfinished", the cast was great and the fight scenes were epic (very realistic which is different from other films).

Last edited by Leo's World (November 12, 2012 (05:30pm))

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
I watched the first act of this at a summer camp this summer but I only just watched the rest of it. I've got to say, this movie is so sad and funny and beautiful and above all true. Despite the obvious absurdity of the plot this video is a pretty accurate and kinda shocking commentary on society and life even. I was not sure what to expect for the ending, and as Dr. Horrible starts losing many of his morals and taking more extreme measures the ending becomes even less obvious. It's kind of remarkable that one of the most powerful films I've seen is a 45 minute musical... mini/lol

Wreck-It Ralph

An awesome Disney film. Something I found very interesting here was some of the dramatic scenes, such as the one where

Spoiler (click to read)

Raplh wrecks Vanellope's car.

This scene actually really surprised me because I've never seen such a dramatic scene in a Disney film. I also thought the story was really great, and had some very good twists. The film also had some cool gaming references as well. Go see it for sure.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

I love to see wreck-it Ralph , But too bad its not released in Australia yet mini/rolleyes

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

Well... I don't even know what to say, usually I would write an insight full and long review but I just can't here... I'll maybe come back to this thread and talk more about it but for now i'll just say that it was really funny.

1/5    2/10

Why did you even bother watching that?

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Why did you even bother watching that?

I'm quite perplexed as to that as well...

Did you mistake it for any other movie? Were you forced against your will? Were you no in the right state of mind or something?

Lucas obviously has a sister...

~Hal

lol noooo, I dont have a sister, and I also dont have a girlfriend. I wanted to see this movie, especially early on when all the fans are there. People know that I criticize Twilight alot but I cant do that until Ive seen the film cause otherwise I would just be hating on something because others hate it. the movie was ust how I hoped it would be. really, really funny. but the ending pissed me the f**** off.

Lincoln (2012)

This was an astounding film. Some of Sally Field's best work, in my opinion. I wasn't sure if a non-American actor could pull off the role of a U.S President, but Daniel Day-Lewis' Oscar-worthy acting and makeup proved me wrong.

10/10