Re: What was the last movie you watched?

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Dark Night Rises
Well... for a Batman film... it didn't actually have very much about Batman in it. I mean, it was more about explosions than Batman. I also felt that the plot was weak: Bane's evil plan was even sillier than Pascal Sauvage from Johnny English.
Well, it was a good movie, but I didn't think it did justice to the superhero genre... well, at all. In my opinion Adam West will FOREVER be the best Batman and nobody else will ever come close.

I can't call you my timezone buddy anymore.
Also, Adam West Batman is more of a meme than an actual hero like Christopher Nolan Batman.

Rusty wrote:

I really hate it when movies overuse the slanted camera effect. It should be subtle and infrequent.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110825203549/mlp/images/4/40/Sad_fluttershy_is_sad.jpg

ANP I think what you mean to say is:
http://i49.tinypic.com/28u69v7.jpg

Bat thumb
Much better than TDKR mini/smile

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
In all seriousness, this film was prolly the awesomemest thing I'd ever seen. Really I can not find a single thing wrong with this film. It was quirky but it was not quirky in a way that it was pretentious. If you haven't seen the film it sounds really bad, but it's not. TIME FOR ME TO READ ALL THE COMICS!!
http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/4f/4fe14f5e_read_all_the_books.png

Last edited by topit (August 26, 2012 (03:52pm))

Topit, can we please get married? Scott Pilgrim is definitely one of my favourite movies. mini/bigsmile (Also I laughed way too hard at that Fluttershy picture)
Anyway, the slanty camera thing can be dynamic if not used to often, but it can sometiimes be a bit too much, kinda like shaky-cam.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I laughed so much Topit. xD
True, I should have done that, I'm just a sick and lazy right now.

I guess even for a slanted angle lovers it would be good to not use them too much, saving it for special occasions (Though, one could do that in reverse). However, it's much different from shaky cam, as often times the camera is so shaky it's really hard to tell what's going on.
Whatever guy short the first part of Hunger Games must have been totally drunk on set.

As of now, 100% of the shots for I Am The Night are slanted.

I was on an airplane and the guy in front of me was watching Hunger Games and I honestly could not tell what was going on, and it made me queasy just by watching it. (maybe that's what they were going for, but I really can't imagine watching that the whole way through on a big theatre screen.
I really don't have an opinion about canted angles, they haven't bothered me too much. In some situations they look lazy, mostly in amateur films (MY amateur films mini/sad ) but in general they carry out their purpose of looking disconcerting very well.

NOw, for a movie that I watched:

Sky High

Yesterday was my first day of high school, so I decided to watch this movie. This was like my favorite movie back when I was a kid, and then I didn't watch it for a while, and then I watched it again and it's still awesome. And now I get all the jokes!! mini/smile
And I've got to say, that is the BEST evil plan I've ever seen.

Topit, were you on the same flight as me or something? You really need to stop following me around. I didn't get too dizzy watching it in the cinema though, but I probably would have if I watched in 3D. At least the books had no shaky-cam.
Also, ANP, are you sure that's a good idea? People might think that you hired a lego cameraman with one arm.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

ParaNorman was really great--

I watched two films today. The first one was Sunset Boulevard (1950) wich was an utstanding picture. I liked it alot! The actors does an excellent job, William Holden and Gloria Swanson. Also love the story of the struggling screenwriter and ex-silentmovie star. Great film, 4/5!

The next movie I watched was Vikings (1958), it was pretty good. But it had some flaws. I really liked the end and Kirk Douglas as the "mad" viking . 3/5.

Spy Kids 4
Uh, right. This movie was so confusing, and the plot was terrible, in my opinion.
Wikipedia makes it sound so funny,

Spoiler (click to read)

They don't believe it until their dog Argonaut talks, as he is a robot dog, and they escape in rockets and go to the OSS but then are chased by the Timekeeper's minions until they avoid them by throwing bags of vomit at them.

mini/lol I would give this a 4/10.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

The Lorax

A very good movie but it was kinda messed up

5/10

ParaNorman
My dad and I saw it during a rainy day while on vacation, becuase he really wanted to see it for some reason. I've got to say it was really great. Although some of it was ruined for me because all of the screaming and crying little kids (suprisingly there were more 6 year old girls than there were in Brave). It was really awesome, though I was surprised that there weren't as many pop-out scary things as the trailer suggested. The animation was extremely well done, and I really enjoyed the entire film. Although I was kind of caught off-guard by a lot of the more mature jokes in it, including:

Spoiler (click to read)

Neil's gay brother and,
"Promise!" "Umm...what?" "SWEAR!" "...you mean like the F word?"

But overall, it's a great film.
4.5/5

KTproductions121 wrote:

The Lorax

A very good movie but it was kinda messed up

But hey, at least it had Taylor Swift in it. mini/love mini/tongue

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

topitmunkeydog wrote:

That is the BEST evil plan I've ever seen.

Spoiler (click to read)

Turning the heroes into babies and putting them onto flying school buses? mini/confused

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I would totally do that if I could. mini/cat

ParaNorman

Goodness I loved this movie. It was hilarious, animation was superb, just wow it's great

It's a really good movie you guys

you should see it

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I hear the pacing of the plot is a little out of whack.

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

Saw this at a lock-in last night (I stayed up all night long) and I loved it! At first, I was like "Okay, I'll watch this, but just to get it over with." but I enjoyed it so much! I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series. Also, I spotted the director's cameo.

Spoiler (click to read)

The guy at the Prancing Pony Inn.

10/10

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Captain America: The First Avenger

I have to say, I LOVED it. It was really well made. Actors, effects, sound effects. Pure win.

10/10 from me.

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

The Dictator

Nice try, Sacha. Really good try.
There a lot of good things in there though, so I'd recommend it if you wanted a comedy to see for right now, and forget about it completely later. Yeah, it's like that kind of a movie.

3/5 Aladeens