Re: Reaching The Limits Contest starts now!

Oh hush, I don't want prizes, I want bragging rights and some attention given to my videos.

If you people need gifts to do something fun then don't enter.

I think a limitation like no special FX done with software, would be cool. But practical on screen effects are allowed.

PushOverProductions wrote:
Gentrystudios wrote:

People don't need prizes, making a film that fits the tight rules is the fun part.

Sadly, unless you are quite popular or the contest idea is really fun/clever, most people won't enter without prizes. This is a good idea, but the rules are not "tight" enough. Its not that hard really, the only real thing that makes this contest different from any other is that you have to use that particular line. Next time I suggest adding more of these "limitations" for this contest to make sense. mini/smile

Thanks for your feedback!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Just curious how many people are entering or have entered?

I rather not enter a contest of like 4 people, and only win because no one entered. Ruins the point of bragging rights.

silents429 wrote:

Just curious how many people are entering or have entered?

I rather not enter a contest of like 4 people, and only win because no one entered. Ruins the point of bragging rights.

I don't think anybody is entering for the reasons we already stated on the first page.

Creating a brick film from scratch takes a lot of work, and we all have our own projects to deal with. Bragging rights isn't really worth it unless the contest/contest host is very famous and will result in lots of publicity. Its not that the contest is bad, but its just not worth it to enter.

Unfortunately, I don't think anybody else is entering.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Well thats disappointing mini/sad

This is neat, I personally find prizes rather unreliable to receive in the mail( I spent $50 on series 3 and didn't receive it do to lack of delivery service) some no prizes is a deal for me. My schedule is busy and this dos seem fun, so don't get me wrong on that!   Maybe, just maybe.

Moved an have no room to animate, but I do have a Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/84070766@N07/ My friends and I have been composing a Comic Series: http://cosmosquestcomic.com

I feel bad for Silents up there. Everyone seemed to be ignoring the points he brought up earlier on. It's sad that some people can't find the motivation to get out there and make a film unless there are prizes involved.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

The prize for this becomes invalid when your bragging about something no one entered, And while I am not for bragging rights and would do this for fun, devoting my time to make a video that I am pretty certain will win specifically because I lack competition stops making this fun.

Ill watch the thread closely since I work quickly, and have something planned out in case it ends up having a fair amount of people entering otherwise, Ill have to wait on my first contest.

First Contest?
Hmmm
If I were you I'd make the film anyway, for a contest or not, just for the fun/sake/love of brickfilming.
If there becomes competition, enter the film, simple as that.
I'd enter myself but I don't have the time, schools EXTREMELY busy.

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Sorry guys that there were not prizes. With not having a job(I'm 13)  the prizes would be worth like 2 bucks.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16