Re: REDWOOD, Assembling a Team to make an Epic Movie

As a side note, don't you think you're kind of copying backyardfilms' studio name?

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

backyardfilms? never heard of it, but if thats the case then I'll change it. Ill put on some better animation tests later. The reason the camera settings weren't perfect was the fact that it was just a test, the only thing I somewhat edited was the Castle. I agree about the Animation, out of all those clips I think the character Bella throwing the knife was the best. What do you guys think

Last edited by Fantasyfilmer (December 7, 2013 (11:56am))

Redwood, Quest for the Prophecy
Script:100% Sets:10% Animation 0% Editing 0%

My mistake. It's "Backyard Productions", you can find him on YouTube here.

As for the test footage...yikes! I'm glad you posted some animation tests, because I've never gotten a good glimpse at your animation before today. But I can agree with pretty much everything silmänkääntäjä said on Page 1. My suggestion is to make an actual brick-built backdrop, instead of using a picture of a few blades of grass as the backdrop. If you're LEGO collection is limited, however, don't sweat it. But, do improve your animation if you can, and try to somehow steady your webcam--or whatever camera it is that you use. Also, try to attach your sets to your desk/table/workspace with Scotch tape. That's what I use to prevent my sets from roaming around.

I'm not liking the sound of the plot, but do you think you'd ever be up to showing us the live-action version? I'd be interested in watching a version of the story that excludes LEGO bricks, just to get a clue of how it might turn out as a brickfilm...

Mickey wrote:

.My suggestion is to make an actual brick-built backdrop, instead of using a picture of a few blades of grass as the backdrop.

I'm not liking the sound of the plot,.

That was just a solid background I was using for testing, It will look nothing like that. But animation wise, I am just getting back into it, I think I will need to so some more tests using the sets I have built so far as backdrop. As for the plot I didn't really give a great summary of it, but as for the characters,

A.J.: A teen from Maimi who traveled to redwood by a storm in the ocean. He is said by the people of Redwood to be the only one able to free them from darkness.

Emily: A sweet lovable girl that often gets thrown to the sidelines. Although her kindness is clear beneath it is a girl just looking for friends. (she's also great with a bow)

Zach: The smart one of the four, he is taken for granted by the other three,

Bella: Skilled with any weapon you throw in front of her(but prefers her knives). Cautious and scared to loose someone, or watch someone die again.

Snakelegato: A heartbroken vengeance filled Wizard, he believes his four siblings the Spellgods drove his love away. Neglected as the "runt" of the five of them is is out to take the throne and make is siblings pay.

Sanguron: The son of Snakelegato and the leader of his army.

The Sapiens Venefici(the wise wizard): A seer who wrote the prophecy about the four children who would free redwood from Snakelegato.

Simulion: a wide eyed, fluffy, blue creature. It has a long but not forgotten issue with the Spellgods. It is a navigator for the Four Children of the Prophecy.

The Story will not disappoint, the story and script its self is 2 years in the making, giving every character depth and motive.

How does a storm take them to Redwood? Are they on a boat that gets caught in the storm?

I guess i can do some scoring.

What mood are you looking for in terms of the soundtrack? I can probably make up some guitar stuff if you want. Sorry, I should be posting this in your thread located in the audio section.

Mickey wrote:

How does a storm take them to Redwood? Are they on a boat that gets caught in the storm?

Yes they are in a boat that sinks and ride on a broken piece of the ship.

The score needs the be darker and more like a real movie's score, there aren't to many scenes where the characters are very happy. So if you guys want to write a sample for me to see I'll tell you if it goes with the mood of the film.

Also, I did some more animation tests, which each time the animation gets smoother and the sets better, I will post one when I am completely satisfied with the animation.

Last question, In the storm scene, I want to animate the large waves with bricks, do any of you know some good examples of brick films like this?

Last edited by Fantasyfilmer (December 9, 2013 (02:09pm))

I know I'm just repeating what everyone else said, but your animation really needs to improve. I'm not sure I would watch 40 minutes of what I saw.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

I have been working on my Animation, and Although i haven't done any movie footage I've done lots of tests. They are looking a lot better. I'll post them soon.

http://youtu.be/70B80e-k56s
new test for a walk cycle, Animation is getting there mini/smile