Re: A Johnny Thunder Adventure Movie! (Now in Production!)

I've got a plot idea for a johnny thunder movie, and want to do it myself in the future. If your series has nothing to do with odisseus and the theories that say europeans reached america  before the vikings, you have my blessing mini/smile. if you did develope the same trama, well okay. But i still dont think it'd be 100% the same...

LegoStudiosP, I'm glad to see another brickfilmer who loves Johnny Thunder, and is even pursuing their own Adventurers-related brickfilm!

Personally, I LOVE Greek legends and myths, but, would never personally set Johnny Thunder there because, well, Greece doesn't have as many "cool places for action that wouldn't mess up history" as places such as Egypt and China do. So, you should be pretty safe in doing such an idea, as, aside from one online game, and a TLFScarheart collab I did a while ago, the Adventurers haven't really gone to Greece, or explored any aspects of pre-Christopher Columbus America.

I won't personally touch on any Greek legends, unless you count that of Atlantis. As many know, Atlantis the Lost Empire is my favorite movie, and, my "director's trademark" is to have at least one line from Atlantis in my movies. (Something I've been trying to do since late 2010) So, I may do stories connected with Atlantis, but, that'd be about as far as I'd go. As for other brickfilmers doing Archaeology/History based brickfilms, you'd have to consult with them personally. I don't speak for the whole Johnny Thunder fan community myself. mini/tongue

Hopefully, I we can both make our movies with as much ease as possible, and be able to release them to the world all the more quickly. I'll be sure to check yours out, when it is released. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Alright, Update time:

The script is nearly 20% finished, and should be done rather soon if nothing pressing comes up in the next few weeks. With that said, I'm going to start sending PM's to my "ideal" voice actors that I have in mind just before I actually start a thread in the Audio section for casting. But, that should be up in just a week or two, so be on the look out! mini/tongue

Aside from that, I can give some few plot details at this time. The story will MOST LIKELY be set in China, though, this could change as, nothing crucial to setting has happened yet in the story. The artifact (again, this could change) will probably be based around immortality - and thus, I can post the related "working title" for my film:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DylandBrickfilms/JohnnyThunderPics/main_title_1.png

Hopefully, this project will come out sometime this year, if not, early 2015 then.

Update:

The script for my project is now up to 7 pages, and is at an estimated 40-ish percent finished! This brickfilm should clock in at around 20 minutes when finished, as, there are gonna be a whole lotta Zeppelin shots, and there will even be a musical sequence! - However, even with these, the film is taking a little bit of a darker turn than I originally imagined; Something that will either be a benefit, or a potential roadblock.

However, things are still looking up, as, I estimate that the script will be completed by the end of May! Then, it will just be a matter of months before filming, composing, and editing will be completed. My soft release date is now August 2014. (Again, this is just a soft date. It could be pushed earlier, or delayed due to any little things at this point.)

As for an audio thread; It may be unnecessary at this point. Assuming none of the voice-actors drop-out between now and the end of May, all of the main protagonists (Johnny "Thunder" Grant, Pippin Reed, Dr. Charles Lightening, and Harry Cane) are filled. As are the main villains. (Mr. Hates, Baron Von Barron, and Alexia Sinister) However, various minor characters may still need voices, so, an eventual casting-thread isn't entirely out of the question at this point. mini/smile

Several things have been set in stone since my last update as well: The locations will be (in order of appearance, as well) Peru, Australia, India, and China. The working title is now semi-official; it will be one of these two - "Johnny Thunder : Immortalized" or "Adventurers : Immortalized."

I'm also planning on purchasing the upcoming "Super Secret Police Dropship" LEGO Movie themed set, that includes an updated Johnny Thunder minifigure. Weather I will use this fig in my brickfilm or not is still to be seen. I've never really been a fan of back-printing (Especially on Batman or Superman, where it's just unnecessary!) and, will have to debate on that. Though, the new face-print looks really nice, and, I may decide to use that. (If not for the entire movie, than, for the music-related scene.)

Spoiler (click to read)

That's a pretty pathetic hint about the Music-related scene, though, it's still a mini-spoiler.

Things are going along great, and I've been making great progress on the script so far. If I was able to keep up with may pace last weekend everyday, this thing would be done this week! (But alas, School, work, and other projects persist, and, thus, I've set the "far away" date of May 31st so I can impress myself when it's done before then mini/tongue )

Flash Update:

Alright, so, though the script is now technically 100% completed, I've still got some editing to do, and might even add a scene or two in, so, a more accurate estimate is about 90%. I'll be posting a casting call in the audio thread just after I build the characters - which should be done pretty soon as well!

Other than that, not much has changed. I'm getting imput from the voice actors right now, and plan to get started filming in a few weeks mini/smile This will probably be the last post in the pre-production thread on this film!

Cool! mini/smile

I love the title screen! This is shaping up to look awesome! How many pages is the script now? Do you have an estimated show time yet?

Can't wait to see the characters!

"May Warriors Fortunes Smile On Your Efforts, and May the Force be With You."