Re: BrickFilm Cinematic Universe: Character Collection Stage thread

Looking forward to seeing those.

Iona the Enchantress is another wizard character of mine.  I'll post her details.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3709/9657200560_87cae264d1.jpg

Name: Iona the Enchantress

Backstory:  Iona the Enchantress is one of the most powerful wizards in the land.  She is a Grandmaster Wizard, one of the few who survived the Terrors of Eskil the Vile.  She lives in a massive tree house/fortress in the middle of a secluded cloud forest, where she deepens her knowledge of magic.  Though she is part of the Wizard Council, ever since the days of the Terror and the subsequent fall of Eskil and the restoration of the wizards, she tends to avoid being part of it and prefers to dwell alone--though she always keeps an eye on what is happening.

Powers and Abilities:  As previously stated, she is a Grandmaster Wizard, so she has great magical powers, on par of those of Mr. Vertigo.  Her main strengths are in nature magic and healing, as well as some control of the elements.  She is also one of the few wizards who doesn't regularly wear hats (although she will often wear a hood and cloak).  Her wand takes the form a gnarled wooden staff with a crystal in it.

Personality:  Very kind, wise and generous, Iona is a great ally.  She is willing to help almost anyone who is in need, or fighting any sort of evil.  Many adventurers and warriors come to her for help and advice.  However, don't ever make the mistake of confusing her kindness with weakness, for if you hurt one of her allies she will do everything in her power to make you pay (and you really don't want to get on the wrong side of a Grandmaster Wizard).

Friends:She will help anyone who is good.  While also part of the Wizard Council, she has grown somewhat disillusioned by the constant squabbling and sceptical of its efforts, which is why she eschews being part of it.  Iona is also a great friend of Mr. Vertigo, and they get along very well.

Enemies:  Anyone who is evil or tries to harm her allies or unfairly take advantage of anyone.

Alternate Parts:  Any sort of fancy medieval-ish dress or robe, although it should preferably be white or green.  Cape can be white, green, purple, brown, or blue, though it should match the colours of the dress.  A hood in the colour of the cape can also b used instead of hair.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I can make something similar, except I don't have Iona's face. Will this be okay? I'm pretty sure this is the closest I have.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

That could work, but I think this, this, or this head would look better if you have any of those.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Name: Dr. Nu (Didja Nu)

Backstory
Dr. Nu began as a brilliant neurological scientist, the top in his field. His findings did much to unlock the whole potential of the minifigure brain. The designed a device that, when implanted, acted as a 'media chip' beaming the internet straight into people's heads. Also, this lead to mind-controlled computers, and a whole new level of computer/minifigure interaction. The device could also link the power of several minifigure's brains together, (Although the participants had to be asleep) granting the combined IQ to whomever it they were linked with.

Sadly, Dr. Nu became addicted to the sensation of such knowledge and intelligence. He began accessing more and more people's brains while they sleep. Leaving them with terrible migraines. His mental stability began to break-down, but instead of stopping his experiments, he got his wife to try it. Ida began the process (Dr. Nu called it 'linking' since 'drifting' was already taken.) and he asked her to try and answer his most pressing question. "What is the meaning of life?" Sadly, the only two answers she found were 'Whatever the animator says'  and some number that may have been the product of 7 and 6.

But then, because of the mental overload, the process backfired, and sent her into a coma for weeks. During this time, Dr. Nu never left her side, but when she awoke, she had the symptoms of moderate Alzheimer's. This devastated Dr. Nu, and he vowed to go to his lab that night and destroy the machine. He feel asleep there in the hospital dreaming of smashing the dreaded machine.

When he awoke, he was laying beside a road, in ragged clothes, and with a large beard. He later discovered that two years had passed, two years that he would never remember. His home was gone, he could find no news of his wife, and he had nowhere to go but his old lab. He returned there, finding it dusty, and in ruins. The machine was still intact, but he could not bear to destroy the only thing he had left.

His only goal is to find out what happened that night long ago. But over the last month, he has suffered from several other personalities invading his brain. The brains that he had linked to had left him something. His life has been hard, fighting the voices, trying to investigate his wife's final fate, and finding the one's responsible for his condition.

Powers and Abilities:
A fantastically gifted scientist, he has a very limited ability to 'suggest' things to other's minds. While this isn't mind-control, it does come in handy. He can use it to break a wizard's concentration, and effectively de-power all but the strongest of that order. He is not trained in fighting or personal combat, but uses various electronic devices to do his dirty work. His gadgets can easily cause hallucinations and confusion, as well as control the emotions of nearly any creature. he also hes several that can read, and write, directly on the brain, and while he uses these primarily to search for information regarding his wife, he has occasionally used them to affect the memories of those who have come after him.

Personality: Cunning and secretive, he does all he can to recover the lost years and information. Legal, or otherwise. He isn't evil per say, but will attack if he feels threatened. His dark past comes back to haunt him, and the voices in his head range from moral and kind, to cruel and heartless, making him more unpredictable than anything. He has no qualms about breaking into facilities for info, but avoids the loss of life unless necessary. He is the encyclopedia of all knowledge on the brain, and is still the leading authority on mind-control.

Friends: He doesn't really have any friends, but he will leave you alone if you do the same to him. Should you pity him, and assist him, then he may come to you aid if asked. That being said, he isn't one to hold onto friends, and rarely ventures out into the outside world.

Enemies: He holds a deep and bitter grudge against any and all wizards. There is nothing any of them, no matter how good, can do about it. He also holds life precious, thus making him the enemies of murders. And anyone who dares to withhold info, or attempt to stop his plans will soon join his list of hated individuals.

How he could be used
Good luck using him. I didn't really think of the role he could play in a larger universe, unless a hero (Or villain) needed to learn something about mind-control. His name could be dropped, or if somebody was gathering a force that needed some wizard-immunity he might be persuaded to join. He is sorta neutrally aligned, but his morals fall below his quest for info and his hatred of wizards. That, combined with voices in his head, can cause him to be either a villain, or an anti-hero. But again, he can't really fight. He can scheme and plan though, as well as provide gadgets.

Parts
This hair, in light gray or white.
One of the more stoic heads. Such as the CMF Elf, or preferably the Revolutionary Soldier.
This body, or something similar.
Black legs/hips, nothing fancy.

Now, I'm not quite sure at the moment how that would look, so if somebody with the right parts would be willing to throw that together for me, or if somebody wants to make suggestions, that would be great.

The voices in head concept should help with different characterizations, and that could also take care of the uniform problem. (Seeing as different personalities may like different clothes.  Also, his plans mostly involve investigating his plight, as he has no ambition to rule the world. But, that doesn't mean they aren't occasionally destructive.

Sorry if this is all wrong, but I've been wanting to add at least something to the BFCM, so here it is.

Click for video

Name: Grizeos
Abilities and gear: As a robot, Grizeos is not affected by the same mental limitations as a living being. He can store a practically infinite amount of information in his memory banks, perform calculations in a fraction of a millisecond, and interface telepathically with nearby data banks to read or rewrite them. This allows him a degree of 'mind control' over other machines. His body is also invulnerable, designed to withstand any environment (even being submerged in lava), and he can fly by use of hard-light construct wings that are projected from his back when needed. He can fire small cutting lasers from his eyes, but they are not as effective as his hard-light cannon. He also normally carries a huge hammer that releases shockwaves when he hits things with it.
He, his Lavabot army and his workforce of Minerbots travel about in a starship the size of a small moon (though it's shaped like a starship, and not like a moon).
Backstory: Thousands of years ago, Grizeos was created by an unknown engineer, possibly the Dark Builder (a Celestial Builder that turned evil millions of years ago). The rest of the details are vague at best. What is known is that he began mining volcanic planets across the universe (and a few others) for Magmite crystals (red/orange crystals that have enough energy to power entire cities or starships for years). However, he destroyed many worlds in the process, and so became an enemy of just about every galactic authority or policing body in the known universe. Eventually an alliance was made between two now-long-defunct empires to stop Grizeos, and they chased him to the world of Khialia Major (before Khialian civilisation had really begun). They did not find Grizeos, but he did not escape; he was trapped and frozen in ice until a year ago. Now, he is rebuilding his Lavabot army and Minerbot workforce, and is getting ready to set out and both mine new worlds and find his ancient, hidden store of Magmite crystals, which he hid before fleeing to Khialia Major. The only problem is that the ice affected his memory banks, and so he has no idea where that store is.
Friends: Few and far between. He considers Blot to be an ally, even though he knows that Blot will betray him one day.
Enemies: The Space Cowboy, Maurice, who has thwarted his plans time and time again.
Personality: Cold, and almost emotionless (but not quite) - he does not feel remorse or pity, but neither is he genuinely malicious or hateful (except in the case of Space Cowboy - Grizeos' hatred for him overrides his programming). However, if he calculates that something is an obstacle in the way of his plans, he will do his utmost to remove it. That said, there are some things that he feels attached to: Magmite crystals, and his creator (though he has never confirmed to anyone whether this is actually the Dark Builder or someone else).

I understand that he's hard to build. I just thought I'd post him here anyway, as he's a character I'm really excited about.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Last edited by funmiproductions (September 14, 2013 (07:03am))

I'd quite like to voice Blot, but I'd also gladly stand aside if someone else is better suited to the role. I think I have a good idea for how he should sound, and I'll post a test clip soon if I get the chance (my coursework filming has been pretty intense the last few days). I'd be more than happy to voice him for your film.

BTW what did people think of the clip for Grizeos?

funmiproductions wrote:

Name: Cory Ryder

Would Cory happen to be named after Cory Monteith? You seemed very upset when he died. I'm just wondering if you named your character after him.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Funmi, he sounds kind of like a Batman/Captain America. And I mean a LOT.

That brings up another question: are characters that are closely based on characters such as Batman or Captain America allowed in the BCU?

I would say no - thanks for pointing this out, Mighty Wanderer. Characters that sound too much like pre-existing characters from other things should be avoided. It doesn't fit with the ideal of creativity which drives this project.

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Funmi, he sounds kind of like a Batman/Captain America. And I mean a LOT.

That brings up another question: are characters that are closely based on characters such as Batman or Captain America allowed in the BCU?

Really? I didn't notice. I'll change his backstory. It really not a problem.

Mickey wrote:

Would Cory happen to be named after Cory Monteith? You seemed very upset when he died. I'm just wondering if you named your character after him.

Yes.

I'm posting a character bio this weekend, once I finishing writing a good back story for him.

I'm also Bappy on Discord for those wondering.

Stage 2: Story Planning has begun! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ry-thread/

Please head over and give it a read, peeps!

You can keep posting stuff here, though. This thread will remain ongoing.